Put in Around 100 Applications and have only Gotten 2 Interviews. Destroy my Resume.

Title mostly explains my predicament. I've put in around a hundred applications in the past few months and have only gotten two interviews, one leading to a SD and another not going past the first round. I've been applying primarily to CB and IB positions with some WM ones sprinkled in as well.

I'm from a non-target but my grades are very good and I believe my EC's are quite decent as well. This combination of seemingly poor outcomes and decent stats has led me to believe that there may be issues with my resume, and I would appreciate any feedback you are willing to provide.

I am aiming to apply for more commercial banking and wealth management positions once they open up, as I fear it's already too late for me to find anything in IB or CB due to my mistaken lack of proper networking. I hope to have my resume in better shape by then.

If you have any other non-resume related feedback as well pertaining to how I can make myself stand out it would also be appreciated.

image-20230724233937-1

Thanks.

Most Helpful

There you go man. As a non target you really have to network, it’s going to be extremely hard to cold apply and get multiple interviews (what you are seeing rn). Your internships aren’t bad but not amazing so it’s not like your profile/resume stands out in a batch of hundreds of apps. Get to networking! I also came from a non target and all my interviews came from networking.

Resume looks solid, I think it might’ve been your networking. A good rule of thumb is to take a call with 2-3 people per firm; you’ll prob have to reach out to 50+ people per firm to meet 2-3 people, at least in my experience

As a UK reader where networking isn't really required this is insane. I still did some networking but the thought of calling 150+ people and asking them exactly the same questions sounds crazy

Doloribus est quis esse praesentium quis velit. Dolores nihil distinctio et. Modi id rerum tenetur ut perspiciatis. In recusandae aut molestias velit dolorum ab dolorem. Voluptatem eius adipisci eos iste.

Aut occaecati non sit. Eos porro deleniti harum ducimus nihil sed consectetur. Omnis a quis quia labore. Ducimus quidem voluptatibus ratione voluptas omnis sint. Debitis accusamus esse aut molestiae repellendus. Qui ut porro quis est occaecati voluptatem nesciunt. Sunt eum sed facilis autem doloremque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”