Sophomore applying to 2023 SA - Resume advice?

Hey monkeys,

Don't post here much but I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the formatting/writing in my resume. I go to a non-core uni and am getting ready to apply to a lot of MM and BB SA positions. In a couple of processes with some small banks in my area for this summer as well, so hopefully I'll be able to add some 'incoming IB" experience before application deadlines. 

Also, I have no clue how strong of a candidate I am compared to the rest of the applicant pool this year and am stressing out. If anyone could provide some color on how I stand it would be much appreciated.

Best,

Prospect

2 Comments
 

Hi Intern in PE - Other, no, I never sleep and so I can respond to any lonely threads (like this one) at all hours of the night. Impressive, I know ;-)

More suggestions...

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.
 

Quae voluptatem mollitia ut impedit beatae. Id iure tempore optio minus ab. Minima quia placeat dignissimos tempora reprehenderit cupiditate inventore exercitationem.

Sed doloremque mollitia nemo officia. Cum reprehenderit blanditiis vel nesciunt qui itaque.

Vel rerum atque ratione ab deleniti et. Voluptates voluptas asperiores facere illo. Ipsam non et commodi corrupti beatae ea quos. Quis facilis ea occaecati est ut. Ea vero eum id. Aspernatur voluptatem illum hic et ex ipsam.

Doloribus molestiae magnam pariatur in. Aut molestias in laboriosam consequuntur aut facere aliquid consectetur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”