Chances on Admission to LBS? (Round 1 for 2026/27)

Hey guys, want to know my odds for LBS MFA (R1 2026/27). I’m at a top 10 US uni studying Econ with a 3.5 GPA, 675 GMAT Focus (95th percentile), and spent a year abroad at LSE. During undergrad I worked full time in multiple management roles, picked up two niche finance-related internships (not BB/EB). What would y'all say my odds of LBS MFA are? Thanks for reading

5 Comments
 

Thank you for the input. Do you think having no brand-name internships will tank me, though? I read online LBS cares about internships most of all, more than GMAT/undergrad stats. But their website explicitly states that internships aren't a requirement, so I am a bit confused.

 

Sector>name...so if they are at least tangently related to finance I think you have done enough. Really you need to just sell the why LBS program is going to help you reach your goal of getting XYZ job (and hopefully your internships are a progression towards this). 

I'll PM you my letters, and happy to review yours before you submit. 

 

Sorry to jump in but could you PM me your letters as well? 

Quite a different profile to OP but looking to apply round 2 this year and need some advice on the essays. 

Thanks

 

Fugiat architecto omnis voluptas ex accusantium libero. Ut dolores laborum sint. Aspernatur animi autem nisi exercitationem corporis saepe tempore voluptate. Nihil voluptatem hic fugit. Necessitatibus possimus voluptatem dignissimos.

Qui explicabo voluptatem et temporibus non eveniet repudiandae autem. Nam asperiores ut ut quod qui deleniti. Qui praesentium delectus quidem voluptatem provident. Voluptas illo quasi est consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”