GMAT 670 - should I retake?

Hello everybody!

Just took my GMAT exam, got 670 and now I am rather disappointed (managed to pull off 730 in mock exam just yesterday). I sent my results to the following schools (aiming for the MiF):

• Bocconi
  • St Gallen
  • WHU
  • WU Vienna
  • Frankfurt School of Finance

Will such a score be enough (at least for some of those - not all, obviously) or should I retake? And if I do need to retake, should I cancel the score while I can?

Here is my profile:

• I am 21
  • I have Russian citizenship
  • I will get my Bachelor in Business Analytics in June 2021, the university is decent by Russian standards (semi-target for banks and MBB nationally) but almost unknown internationally
  • GPA: 3.4/4 right now
  • 2 internships: 1 in marketing, 1 in strategy, both well known multinational companies, 11 months total
  • Some case club achievements: reached finals in a couple of national competitions as a team leader
  • TOEFL: 110/120
  • Know a little bit of German, probably enough to get to C1/C2 in a year or two

It‘s definitely a decent school and they place well into Frankfurt IB but I‘m afraid that doesn‘t make sense for you. I have never seen a non-native in a German IB office. You would have to drastically improve your German to have a chance. They don‘t really place well into London IB though so the other European options would make more sense imo.

Thank you very much for the information! I do believe that I will have fluent German in 3 years (1 year to finish my Bachelor's and 2 years of Master's, if in Frankfurt), but it seems that I should be cautious about Germany then.

Perhaps you can name a few European programs with better London placement? Or you just meant the ones from my list (Bocconi, St Gallen, WU)? I feel like I will have to retake the GMAT for those.

Yeah, official guides and Manhattan Prep should be enough. I just read all the materials and did perhaps a dozen of GMAT Official Practice mock exams. There are only 6 of those, but I did some of them a few times (you forget most of the questions in a week or so anyway).

Some luck was probably involved - my mock scores were mostly in a 710-730 range, including the one I got in the morning before the actual exam.

Most Helpful

Hello everybody!

Just took my GMAT exam, got 670 and now I am rather disappointed (managed to pull off 730 in mock exam just yesterday). I sent my results to the following schools (aiming for the MiF):

• Bocconi
  • St Gallen
  • WHU
  • WU Vienna
  • Frankfurt School of Finance

Will such a score be enough (at least for some of those - not all, obviously) or should I retake? And if I do need to retake, should I cancel the score while I can?

Here is my profile:

• I am 21
  • I have Russian citizenship
  • I will get my Bachelor in Business Analytics in June 2021, the university is decent by Russian standards (semi-target for banks and MBB nationally) but almost unknown internationally
  • GPA: 3.4/4 right now
  • 2 internships: 1 in marketing, 1 in strategy, both well known multinational companies, 11 months total
  • Some case club achievements: reached finals in a couple of national competitions as a team leader
  • TOEFL: 110/120
  • Know a little bit of German, probably enough to get to C1/C2 in a year or two

enough for the last three. You probably won't get in at Bocconi and St gallen

Dolore aut sint perferendis. Voluptas laborum exercitationem est ad. Voluptatem eos quasi et illo.

Nostrum voluptates sed culpa quos est. Dolor nihil dignissimos est. Odio ipsam aliquid sunt rerum numquam totam odio. Voluptatem dolore unde eum dicta nam. Aut minus nisi corrupti possimus et. Consequatur inventore et quia perspiciatis quod ut est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”