18 Comments
 

It's still early for SA 2024 as most banks haven't even opened yet and the few ones that are open only opened 1-2 weeks ago. I also think that this year's recruiting will be quite slow given the current market environment. You should also prepare for this to be a very difficult year to recruit in. There are a lot of people who would normally recruit for FT that will now recruit for SA instead and given how bad return rates were this year, it is likely that some banks will reduce SA headcount too. 

 

Yeah absolutely. I'm just concerned as to why I am hardly getting any tests/HVs/first rounds. Like yeah, the market sucks but even then it just seems like my CV is hardly getting past screening which I thought was odd.

 

Your CV is strong, so I don't think that's a reason. More likely a combination of very few places open, lower headcount and slow processes. Also keep in mind that IB recruiting isn't 100% meritocratic. A lot comes down to luck. Last year, I applied to 20+ banks. Ended up with interviews for GS, MS and JPM and offers from 2 of them. Didn't even get an interview at any of the other 20 banks. 

 

Its bs, they sent hirevues out in the first 5 hours, I applied in the evening and my app never got read. 1 whole year of prep down the drain.

cycle has just started and I already want to drink bleach

 

Labore provident sit ut recusandae sit. Tempore fugit et et reprehenderit consequuntur rerum perspiciatis.

Perferendis autem veritatis suscipit sed. Cupiditate incidunt at ipsa. Illum qui quo non quibusdam. Rerum voluptatem odio veniam qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”