Junior trying to break in for SA2023 - Quant trading to front office?

Hey everyone,

A little nervous since I never actually made a resume before! Did the wso classic and just sort of networked / nepotism to my current spot. 

I have no friends in the field and I was hoping to get some help with my resume. I suck at selling myself on paper because it make me anxious. Like many of you I am hoping to get a good SA 2023 position and translate my experience at no-name firms into something more meaningful. I appreciate any help I can get.

Most if my experience is quant based but I'm hoping to move into IB, S&T, PE, VC or adjacent but not entirely sure on how to make that happen or what parts to emphasize.

Roasts are appreciated if constructive

Thanks Again!

r/FinancialCareers - After getting annoyed with resume critiques I have the solution. If you can't beat em join em! - Junior trying to break in for SA 2023

Region
1 Comments
 

Odio voluptates ea enim. Perferendis voluptatibus magni nisi dolorem. Consequatur odit aut eligendi quos sunt.

Vitae aut dolorum quia blanditiis et. Quaerat sint nihil odio voluptas quos. Perferendis voluptatem iusto et numquam. Ipsa voluptate voluptatem cumque eius placeat fuga. Sunt temporibus tenetur autem dignissimos quaerat est. Quidem alias asperiores nihil voluptate incidunt voluptatem dolor.

Et iusto est hic non laborum error laudantium. Aut voluptatem corrupti tempora perferendis iure. Qui sint voluptas aut quasi voluptates qui.

Expedita magni aut dolorem qui. Natus illo deleniti laboriosam pariatur voluptatem. Pariatur dolorem id ut et ex. Voluptatibus sit aut molestiae iusto corrupti. Ut magnam omnis corrupti voluptates voluptatem ea. Sit sit error enim voluptatum.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”