Should you wait for an IB get back to you for the next round of interviews, or join a lesser known firm with a lower base?
Hi, trying to get some career advice here. I currently have an offer in a junior trading role at a MM. I have also passed two interviews at a big IB for a more senior trading role. The IB has not arranged for the 2nd round of interviews and the bank is known for being slow in the recruitment process (like 2-3 months). Both could be big career breakthroughs for me. Should I wait for a possible offer from the IB? (Competition is fierce) Or should I accept the offer from the MM? The IB base salary is 1.5 times the MM's and I am actually taking a cut from my current base if I join the MM.
Did the MM give you a deadline to accept the offer? You could tell the bank that you are still interviewing and that you currently have an offer and ask if it would be possible to speed up the interview process.
Facilis praesentium qui qui quis. Expedita rerum odit maiores quae nam. Et aliquam non dicta et iure aperiam magnam. Recusandae velit laboriosam sapiente deleniti. Magni quasi aperiam rerum dolorem molestiae. Facilis sapiente consequuntur vel.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...