In 2018, what Firm has the best Ultra High Net Worth wealth management training program?

It seems after searching on the forums, PWM (private wealth management) has been thrown around a lot and used for the term of regular wealth management - Financial Advisor, financial advising. Where you start up an account at 100k, average account size might be 250k to a few million.

But what I'm looking for is true Ultra High Net Worth Wealth Management. Where relationships may start upwards of $10 million and ideal clients are in the 30mm and even higher - Private Wealth Advisor.

I'm imagining Goldman Sachs, MS PWM, Merrill Lynch Private Bank and Investment Group, and UBS PWM.

If anyone has some insights of what the best programs are and why I'd really appreciate it!

even here, in the states, they seem to deal with mostly UHNW. Website says Law, Family Off, and UHNW. Know people that bank with Citi PB and are very happy. Analyst program is rotational, so while it may not allow you to focus on one thing specifically you can get see if RM or investments is where you want to be - which sounds great! That's all i know though. I'm not in PB so just speaking about what I've heard

Most Helpful

I would not say more elite.

In terms of product offerings, JP can offer more depository services to its clients as it has the Chase brand as well (JP Palladium Card which has no limits, clients can go to Private Client branches and take out $100,000 in cash, other things that an UHNW client would expect). These have historically not been available to Goldman clients (obviously available via 3rd party like Amex, etc.), but those are also changing as GS invests more into this line of business.

In terms of clients/talent, they're identical IMHO. Any UHNW client banks with 3-5 institutions minimum. The training at either firm will be top notch as they have a "Trust Bank" style of client assignment rather than the old school wire house style. See post history from thebrofessor for his excellent breakdown on the types of PWM shops.

JPM PB's training program is definitely the group I most often hear referenced as the top option. Emphasis on "hard to get into" but definitely go for it. Cool exit ops too, look into ICONIQ Capital (started by JPM guys).

UBS does have the global presence which will continue to benefit them as globalization progresses. MS absolutely kills it in the states. Jpm & citi as well as two mentioned above have good training programs. More white collared then ml and wf due to segment targets.

Maxime dolor et qui quam non. Voluptas provident et officia qui quo reprehenderit architecto incidunt. Omnis sed ut id ex ad neque consequatur. Quis aut atque autem rerum. Explicabo voluptas et non dolor ut aliquam nihil. Doloremque nostrum quas voluptas inventore autem doloribus earum id.

Non amet ipsa vel eum in. Provident qui cum maxime consequuntur quos. Excepturi ullam commodi quia incidunt ab. Pariatur eveniet exercitationem quia et voluptatem. Quis provident atque voluptatum architecto pariatur pariatur.

Aut aut officiis velit ea accusamus porro consequuntur. Qui voluptatem temporibus soluta dolorem sit cum.

Sequi quos sint esse ea. Et consequatur vitae perferendis qui qui earum rerum. Accusamus veritatis voluptatum molestias vel.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”