Intern at Fortune 500 for marketing or look for PWM or Boutique Bank internships

Hey,

I'm rising sophomore at a non-ivy target school and have actually already started the interview process for an internship for next summer and expect many more over the coming school year, however I am still undecided about what I should do this summer. I got a really late start in internship applications for this summer and have only been able to snag an internship in a marketing position for a fortune 500 company. I am hesitant about taking the internship since it is in marketing and not in finance. Should I just do this marketing internship this summer or look to intern in places more related to finance (I was thinking of cold-calling some local PWM, PE, MM, and Boutique Banks)? Also, there's a lot of these firms in my area (already found 32) so I'm thinking I can at least get something at a local PWM. Thanks for any input.

0 Comments

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”