2016-17 NFL Super Bowl Predictions

The first game is coming up! Sept 8th Panthers/Broncos. Who you guys got winning it all? I am a die-hard Packers fan, and I think this may be the year with Jordy Nelson coming back. Curious to see who you guys think brings home the Lombardi.

Whichever team wins, we can be sure it won't be my 49ers. They aren't "Browns Pathetic" but they're close. Worst thing is I expect them to be closer to .500 this year than last, ruining draft potential too.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

If I were betting, right now I would take the Cards. That defense + Chandler Jones and Nkemdiche is going to be dangerous. Plus Carson Palmer back healthy, David Johnson getting a year older and better, and three legit receivers with complementary skillsets.

cheesehead here too bro. full disclosure, my picks are very unoriginal, I just don't see much difference between this year and last.

if the pack doesn't win (I think we will based on my bias, better receivers, eddie lacy's body fat %, etc.), I think the NFC will be between carolina, seattle, and arizona, with my money going to arizona if healthy, carolina if not.

for AFC, I think the only opportunity for someone outside of pittsburgh and new england to get in is because of injury. an injury to gronk, brady, big ben, etc., would open the door for indy, denver, or even cincy and oakland. my money's on new england though. I think the pats maybe win one game without brady, but then win 10 or 11 with him before securing the division and benching him in week 17.

I think this is the year we make the jump to AFC title game. Of course this is entirely dependent on Brock not being a pos qb. He doesn't even have to be average, just not in the 25-30 range. The defense really was clicking at the end of last season and for the first time in franchise history there is a reason to be excited about the offense. Can't wait for the season to start

I'm biased but the Giants are looking like they may be pretty tough, an pretty improved offensive line, Eli coming off his best year ever, Odell teaming up with Sterling Shepard and the return of Victor Cruz (however I'd be surprised if he was anything like he used to be). Rashad Jennings averaged 110 yards in the final 5 games of last year and Shane Vereen is a great 3rd down RB. AND a much improved defense due to some high profile free agents.

Loyal Charger fan, but think the Raiders have a chance at winning the AFC West division this year.

As for the Super Bowl, I think the Cardinals as mentioned above have a legitimate chance at taking the title. With Peterson and Mathieu remaining healthy and the two off-season pickups, I believe they have a top 5 defense. The offense performed well last season and think they have potential to do slightly better with David Johnson at RB.

Great football teams posed to make a run, listed below.

FC Bayern Munchies Chelsea Aresenal NY Red Bulls Sacramento Mountain Dews

Anyway, Monday morning sense of humor aside. Reviews of Superbowl-potential teams below, in no specific order.

-Superbowl Contenders- 1. Patriots -If you know anything about football over the past 15 years, you don't need to hear my rational as to why.

1. Cardinals - keeping their top-3 defense intact, great WRs, gun-slinging Palmer, emergence of David Johnson at RB

2. Jets - top 2/3 defense, Fitzpatrick at QB (broke franchise TD record), great 1/2 punch at WR with Marshall & Decker...most importantly, acquisition of Forte. Incredibly consistent RB with an ability to catch out of the backfield. As long as Fitzy can play a Sanchez-esque role (remember the back to back AFC championships), Jets have a good shot

3. Panthers - this is a win/lose situation. The win - getting Kelvin Benjamin back. The loss - Josh Norman....Cam seems like carry an entire team though.

4. Bengals - don't sleep on a good 1/2 punch at RB, a continuously improving Andy Dalton, that guy named AJ Green, and a top-10 defense....Eifert helps as well.

5. Steelers - defense wins championships, but offense sure as hell helps you get there. Le'Veon, Antonio Brown, Big Ben.

• No Shot -
  1. Browns (reference: The Football Almanac since forever)
  2. 49ers - the team has had more people retire since 2014 than the Baby Boomers
  3. Saints - Defense is more porous than their levees (to soon?)

-Sleeper Teams - 1. Jaguars - great job in the '16 draft, Bortles finally beginning to look like an NFL QB and the 2 stud WRs on the outside 2. Titans - young team, lots of talent (don't forget about edit Demarco Murray pickup) - great chance of a run in next 3 years 3. Cowboys - a good Cowboys team has been a long time coming. If Romo can stay healthy and Zeke pans out to be a force like they drafted up for, watch out.

For the record - my favorite team is not on the list. They'll be 8-8 and looking at another mediocre draft in 2017.

BobTheBaker:

Andy Reid has done nothing to make KC a title contender, PHI was right to move on. Whether or not they should've moved on to Kelly is a completely different story.

I know what you are saying but they are a substantially better team with Reid. I am a Chiefs fan, too. You only need to look at the record compared to the 5 or so years prior to him coming on board to know that he has made a huge improvement. In 2007 through 2012, they went 29 - 67, or 30.2% wins. Since Reid came on in 2013, they've gone 31 - 17, or 64.6% wins. That's more than double.

Out of his 14 years with the Eagles, he only missed the playoffs five times, which is pretty damn good. They only made one Super Bowl appearance, so there was certainly that stigma of "he's a great coach, but he's not Super Bowl calibre." But when all is said and done, I'd still much rather be a fan of a team who is consistently good rather than a one-and-done team or worse...a Lions or Browns fan. The Eagles were only good Chip's first year because he inherited an Andy Reid team.

At dicta voluptatem ex et. Labore et itaque eveniet similique laudantium quisquam. Id voluptatum error vitae quisquam laboriosam aliquam repellendus enim. Ut minus ea inventore qui voluptas. Illum dolores aspernatur officiis expedita ipsam ea.

Porro a reiciendis ut accusantium. Saepe delectus ipsum id aspernatur. Qui quasi ipsum rem omnis labore suscipit. Est est et neque. Aperiam corporis in nihil ad.

Error et fugit omnis qui est. Molestiae laborum animi fuga aut.

Array

Rerum reprehenderit temporibus est dicta architecto sit. Aut eveniet qui iure provident maxime consequuntur voluptas.

In libero laudantium culpa et. Sint beatae tenetur sit laboriosam voluptas reprehenderit doloribus. Architecto rerum dolorem eaque. Iusto et soluta sit hic aut.

"Some things are believed because they are demonstrably true. But many other things are believed simply because they have been asserted repeatedly—and repetition has been accepted as a substitute for evidence." - Thomas Sowell

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”