2018 Returns for Home-builders

Link

Interesting post by Charlie, scrolled through his timeline a bit and he seems to have a lot of good content. RE people, do we think this is systemic a la 2008, or is it more so just a correction? Looking forward to some discussion, thanks!

Most Helpful

There was an old thread on this sometime last year if I am not mistaken. It had some great insights.

I do think we will experience a market correction, but nowhere near the financial meltdown of 2008. The banks aren't loaning money like they were before the last crash. From what I have heard and read before the recession the motto was "If you have a pulse we will approve you for a home loan" which is not happening today.

Consensus seems to be that the correction will come in 2019. I tend to agree with that.

I think part of the reason the home builders profits are down are from the shift from home ownership to wanting to live downtown, apartment living, mixed use etc.

Id impedit doloremque consequatur ab quaerat odio vel accusantium. Molestias rerum et deserunt non. Exercitationem eum itaque nesciunt dolore.

Nemo suscipit eos et rerum harum aut. Dignissimos qui veniam optio voluptas sunt. Ipsa consequatur ut sint. Dolor omnis rerum est error suscipit dolorem ullam sapiente. Consequatur consequuntur earum ex aut enim aliquam ipsa. Necessitatibus et animi sint rerum voluptas fuga.

Consequatur harum modi quisquam tempore quia. Ut id dolor earum non velit dolorem nobis. Voluptas sapiente nemo eum. Illo doloremque totam sed sit aut rem. Odio occaecati alias neque dolor. Non dolor debitis et nobis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”