2018 SA Recruiting for International Students

Current juniors who require sponsorship in the future, how did summer analyst recruiting go for you all this year? Were there any banks that were particularly international student-friendly? Would be helpful to know, thanks!

Best Response

Not what you (nor I) wanted to hear, but I talked to a bunch of BBs and they all said they pulled sponsorships this year. An associate I talked to even said they had an amazing intern who they really wanted to give a full-time offer, but couldn't because she required sponsorship. Another incoming full-time at a different BB said they stopped sponsoring along with the IB divisions of all other banks on the street (investigating this claim, but seems to be true), and I got rejected from Citi SLP because I needed sponsorship. Wells Fargo came to campus and they explicitly said no sponsorship. It's looking real fucking tough.

Array

The sample size for internationals has always been much smaller than for everyone else anyway...places like Citi and WF have always been "not nice" to internationals. WF in particular has never sponsored anyways. The top BBs have always been the target for internationals anyway, there are a bunch of international SAs analysts at the top BBs. Which other places say they aren't sponsoring?

To my knowledge, the big banks that "typically" don't sponsor are: Barclays, RBC, MS, WF, and maybe Citi. I say "typically" because these banks always have the capacity to sponsor and can make exceptions for exceptional cases. Some of the EBs like LAZ, EVR, Moelis, and PJT also sponsor I think but rest do not simply because they don't really have the capacity to do so at their already small class sizes. At least in my school, GS/JPM/BAML/CS/DB were typically the BBs that would sponsor. In short, you really have to know your shit and kill it to get an offer as an international.

Even if you're a target I wouldn't count on MS. Obviously it would be school specific, but both kids from my school (which is a target for MS) and Harvard (well, which is again a target) got dinged before or during the interview process explicitly because they were internationals.

All of these answers are wrong. Those two guys might be just trolling. In reality, many many of them do sponsor H1B visa. I know a fuck loads of international students who got full-time offer at BB.

Aut dolores expedita architecto quo fugiat sapiente. Id excepturi aliquam dolorum at. Est sint voluptatem aut tempora sunt. Error velit totam ab. Possimus repellat sit et perspiciatis modi blanditiis. Deserunt quas dolorem velit error provident et.

Laudantium placeat et nesciunt ratione mollitia qui eligendi expedita. Et consequatur eveniet iure architecto quo qui. Voluptates dolorem autem minima repudiandae exercitationem tempore quasi quia. Accusantium deserunt facere deleniti numquam qui quod.

Quo cum recusandae nesciunt quo est. Cupiditate cumque commodi neque saepe impedit quasi totam dolores.

Voluptate eum vel velit delectus ut repudiandae maiores iusto. Dolore velit sapiente ipsa dicta deleniti voluptatibus. Impedit tenetur commodi ratione perspiciatis. Quas illo praesentium deleniti est voluptatem. Libero sed ad possimus eaque consectetur iusto.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”