2018 Summer Consulting Internship Timeline Megathread?

Is there one of these for the consulting forum? I don't have much information regarding to the timeline of the more known and less known firms. When should applications open for a majority of the firms? First round interviews? etc.

Just received a call from recruiting at an MBB and they asked when I could interview at an office in my region, considering my school is a complete non-target and has no OCR. Seems early to me and I barely have started prepping, but just a heads up to everyone that the interviewing cycle is starting earlier than at least what I thought.

Also, curious what you guys have been using to prep. I'm reading "Case in Point" and watching various youtube videos. There's no consulting club at my school, so if anyone is interested in practicing cases with me lmk

Haven't heard from my regional BCG office yet, but have had my resume forwarded so also expecting a call soon hopefully. I'm also from a non-target (top-50 school), but I've expressed a lot of interest in the local office as it is pretty close by. Everyone that I've spoken to at the office is stressing that recruiting starts earlier and earlier every year and that applications close in a couple of weeks for MBB.

I'm also using case in point and LOMS. There's a discord that exists somewhere here or at r/consulting for casing practice so look around for it. What region are you in if you don't mind me asking?

I go to school in CA and am applying for the SF office. I was asked which office I would prefer to do my first round interview at, LA or SF, and so I choose LA b/c my school is located nearby. They mentioned that the first round would be two case studies and then the "decision round" would be a further two cases at the office you are applying for.

I sent an updated copy of my resume to the recruiter which triggered the phone call the following morning, though they said they were going to reach out this week anyway. Keep your phone nearby for sure

Definitely will do some sleuthing for that discord. Let me know if you find anything :)

MackRyan:
Just received a call from recruiting at an MBB and they asked when I could interview at an office in my region, considering my school is a complete non-target and has no OCR. Seems early to me and I barely have started prepping, but just a heads up to everyone that the interviewing cycle is starting earlier than at least what I thought.

Also, curious what you guys have been using to prep. I'm reading "Case in Point" and watching various youtube videos. There's no consulting club at my school, so if anyone is interested in practicing cases with me lmk

I'm a somewhat similar position as you are. I'd be down to practice cases too.

Just completed my first round interview at BCG. Cases were math heavy and long. Unlike any of the cases I had looked at previously and didn't fit into a specific framework, but rather was more of a "common sense" thought process. Definitely should've practiced doing math under pressure more as I had to have some help from my interviewer on occasion. Was told I'd hear back next week after they send the info to my selected office.

Thanks for the insight. No word at all here from BCG yet, I'm surprised you've already had first rounds considering the deadline for application was today IIRC.In some sense, it makes sense that they'd drill you on more common sense, math stuff as opposed to more complicated casing because its not FT recruiting. Any other comments/details/examples you'd like to share?

I'm from a non-target and so I assume the recruiting process is a little bit different than a target school.

Definitely read all the case books you can to understand the questions you are asked, but frankly I found the information I gathered from some podcasts I listened to regularly to be more helpful than anything I learned from typical case prep. Although the math was difficult and I needed some help, it seemed clear to me that the main focus of the interview was on determining my capacity for creative/innovative solutions to common business problems. I think there's actually a certain point in which you hurt yourself when you overuse frameworks and become predictable to the interviewer.

No word for me either. Applied on October 1 to BCG tri-state area offices from non-target to summer associate program, but no word from them about next steps. Recruiter responded today, saying that they will notify me within 4-6 weeks of completing their review. Bain for some offices don't start reviewing resumes until mid/late October for summer undergraduate internships; very strange.

• Completed McKinsey SHL tests last week
  • Deloitte S&O OCR & Final Rounds are early November for my school (they recruit on-campus)
  • PwC has extended offers for Management Consulting (non-Strategy&) but not yet for Tech Consulting or Public Sector MC.
  • Deloitte Services is done with OCR
  • EY Advisory is basically done extending offers

Sint est necessitatibus consequatur officia. Inventore possimus neque occaecati sequi aut adipisci. Minus sit distinctio et magnam. Earum animi beatae voluptas aut qui. Nam veritatis facilis eos necessitatibus dolor. Quia necessitatibus aut ad qui eius. Ducimus ut distinctio iure temporibus.

Non eum suscipit autem necessitatibus quam qui. Ipsum deserunt eum deleniti atque laborum officia at enim. Et vero velit fugit itaque sit.

Nobis velit sit et aspernatur dolores eligendi consequuntur assumenda. Qui sit soluta sed porro sed. Quidem officia quae sunt corporis.

Maiores soluta dolore esse tempora accusamus illum dolorem. Velit quaerat perferendis dolor iure suscipit praesentium. Voluptatem blanditiis accusamus unde aut quia qui repellendus. Esse repudiandae cum sint. Et dignissimos vitae sequi quia natus et maiores. Et illo animi ea velit magni debitis.

A illo reprehenderit blanditiis sed. Est animi dolores accusantium sint expedita et. Ad laboriosam libero vero ut distinctio. Ea saepe sed ut. Aut optio odio ab provident iure eos velit. Qui sapiente quis molestiae blanditiis ratione esse.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”