I’m in the same boat man, I feel like all my effort networking went to waste. Does anyone know which banks are still accepting apps? :/

Depends on your background, if you're in a top target you'll most likely be fine. Banks that are still recruiting, as far as I know, Citi, BAML, Jeffries, CVP, Deutsche, and Guggenheim. GS/MS/CS/Barclays are basically done, but have a few random spots for top target kids. All the EBs but CVP and Gugg.

GS just sent a round of IBD Hirevues to non-target candidates last night at 9pm. They are not done but they must be almost full. I'm sure it will be tough to walk out of those superdays with an offer.

Guggenheim is definitely done from what I know, but I could be wrong. What about UBS?

GS will also send another round of IBD hirevues next week, I think for targets, but filled a big chunk of their class already. Gugg is not done - I got an email from an MD just last week asking me to apply. I have no idea about UBS

Even middle market firms like Piper are basically wrapping up from what I've heard. Other top MMs like Harris Williams, Raymond James, Jefferies are all recruiting right now full-force.

What are your thoughts on doing a top summer S&T internship with the intention of recruiting for IB FT? Is it unusual to get into a financing group for FT from S&T?

I wanted to do the same route but spoke to couple other ppl about it and basically they all said something along the lines that "it's better to do an IB internship at any place (where you can get relevant experience ofc) than doing S&T bc that might just lead you on to a different track, which btw is not a bad track at all IMO

Most Helpful

No you aren't screwed. This site is filled with complete misinformation from kids who once they reach an actual intense job will realize two certainties: 1) the world isn't zero-sum 2) if you have sharp elbows and try to harm others to reach the top, intense team players will recognize your behavior and ensure you do not get employed at firms with healthy culture and good results. Finance is small and people have long memories.

Several bulge brackets are still recruiting, several boutique banks are, some also are finished (mainly smaller offices). Additionally, if you don't get a SA at a BB bank you can try for a regional bank and recruit for a full time position anywhere you want (read a real offer, not a internship). If that doesn't work you could try to possibly recruit for consulting and you might even find you enjoy it better, or possibly you could source this summer at a MM PE shop and they might even hire you. You could even be in a different industry, go to business school, and recruit for an associate position. The bottom line is there are just so many ways to skin the cat and you aren't screwed if you don't have a summer internship. Life is a marathon not a sprint and if your goal is to end up at a large PE shop or large bank there are so many ways to get there assuming a 50 year career. I'm assuming many of your friends have offers and that is great, but also here's an unfortunate secret: the job recruiting process never ends. It is a street fight from now until you stop working, so embrace it. Also, for the kids that think a SA position will set them for life, they are so wrong. The amount of friends I have watched have a quarter life crisis at 25-29 because they realize they don't know what to do after banking or PE is over is unbelievable. Envision your ideal job 10-15 years down the line and try to acquire experience for that job. In the scheme of things, your SA position is just not that big of a deal. Keep your head up, define your own values and the job YOU want, and work hard to pursue them and you will be fine.

Nah my BB and plenty of others are still recruiting. Probably only a few of the EBs are full as of now; we did give some offers earlier this year but definitely didn't fill the class (as is the case across the board I believe)

You aren't screwed at all. I'd definitely recommend hustling and not letting yourself get discouraged by all of the people you may see getting offers. BBs are trying to wrap up quickly, but they hire on a rolling basis, with multiple rounds of interviews. Just because one round is done, doesn't mean another isn't coming up. And if we've learned anything from prior bull markets (hint: we haven't), investment banks will again over-hire this year as the market is at an all-time high.

) has quite a few BB bankers on it that can give you direct advice for their specific groups around hiring timelines, how to recruit at their bank, etc. Wasn't around when I was an undergrad gunning for my SA offer (which I didn't get until December, btw), but hopefully it can help someone here out.

Pariatur harum totam aut eum suscipit vitae. Et fuga ullam rerum explicabo minima iure. Commodi aperiam mollitia reiciendis et.

Tenetur omnis earum ut. Fuga quibusdam et sed ullam ipsam laborum. Non fugiat dolores corporis ex quisquam sit quis. Corporis aut officiis consequatur delectus non deserunt culpa autem. Saepe iusto qui non beatae.

Sed nemo temporibus corporis cumque in. Quas hic eos consequatur voluptatum. Animi expedita fugit velit recusandae est molestiae. Rerum itaque eos cupiditate et consequatur non.

Nostrum et consequuntur ullam quos ea rerum voluptatem. Magni cumque expedita est et. Quis reprehenderit consectetur qui architecto. Nemo dolores doloremque in qui.

"Anything less than the best is a felony"

Voluptatem facere quo in molestiae sit ad veritatis. Nemo quaerat qui nam. Non minus libero facere sed doloribus dolores. Ut saepe cum et voluptatem magni dolorem. Doloremque maiores rerum aut assumenda pariatur similique cum nostrum. Odio est earum quasi atque animi sed. Ut rem accusamus provident accusantium assumenda perferendis veritatis vitae.

Voluptas possimus hic atque omnis. Et rerum ad ut facilis quia. Sapiente ex ipsum dolore. Et aut quo ratione rerum voluptates et voluptatem. Doloribus at ut at facilis blanditiis velit ipsam in.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”