First post here. Is there any difference in terms of roles in working at an AM arm of a BB compared to a more traditional AM firm like BlackRock or Vanguard? In terms of work/life, compensation, career ladder, exit opps etc.
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
New York - 2018
Seattle, WA, USA - 2018
new york - 2016
Wilmington - 2018
New York - 2017
New York, NY, USA - 2018
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Hi there, am an SO to someone in banking. He's one year out to promotion to VP. He keeps telling me it will get "better". Not sure what it means and I would really like specific details. He still works to 9/10/11 longer most nights. Still working most weekends.
I asked him...+60 by ibankergf1 in IB
- I can't believe I am finally writing this but it is time to really reflect on what has happened in the past month.
Parents divorced, grew up in poverty in the middle of nowhere, etc. Chose to go to my extreme non-target because it was a full-ride and had no clue about job...+35 by RealDealHolyfield in SCSS
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- I've never met an Analyst in banking that is overweight....or even portly for that matter. With how much you all work, when/how do you find time to exercise? +22 by redraidermustang in OFF
- What do you guys think of this generation's rap? Since its inception in 2011, mumble rap has taken off like crazy. Migos, Future, MGK, Lil Pump, Lil Xan, Lil "*insert random name*" and all these other "rappers" these days just don't give a damn about their...+18 by ColdCaller in OFF
- As the title says could you guys list some examples. This question comes up often in interviews and every time I open up WSJ I can't find any deals except if they're very high profile which isn't every day. What's the best source to find recent M&A deals? I'd also...+17 by monkeytomd in IB
- I've put together my fall reading list, thanks to kind advice from fellow WSOers.
Sharing in case it's useful to you, or in case anyone wants to add some suggestions.
* Venture Deals, by Brad Feld
* From Zero to One, by Peter Thiel and Blake Masters
* The New New...+17 by earthwalker7 in PE
- Some of my thoughts: Facebook, 99% of crappy cryptocurrency and ICOs, my virginity, etc.
On a more serious note, what industries, technology, jobs, practices, etc do you think will become obsolete?+16 by dc22 in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Oct08Webinar: PE Case Study - Develop an LBO Model for an Investment -- 9pm ET, 10/8/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Online
- Oct09Podcast: Transition from finance to tech -- Mark Goldberg -- 10/912:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Oct10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Chicago, 10/10-10/128:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Oct11WSO Atlanta Meet Up: Thur October 11th, 6pm, Industry Tavern 6:00 EDT Atlanta, GA , GA