Certified Investment Banking Associate (CIBA) - Is it worth it?
I'm thinking of an alternative to the CFA for certification and credentials in IB. Master's is a year or two away form now (need more work xp).
I've came across this Certified Investment Banking Associate (CIBA), is it useful? Probably learning wise it is, but is it acknowledged in the industry? US or outside?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+100 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I am turning 30 this month and looking back now I realize how little of my goals I have achieved (professionally and personally)
I make around $150k a year, hardly enough to make a decent living in Manhattan. Not in IBD but in a similar role.
In a good really work week, I have barely...+29 by maddy.ap in JOB
- So was browsing LinkedIn just for the fun of it and came across this golden job posting today. It's weird to see this explicitly stated as a skill now+29 by NoJobProspectsInSight in IB
- What bad habits (besides lack of sleep) have you all developed since you started at a bank? For example, I started biting my nails after a month on the job but had never bit them before and a friend began to mumble random finance terms in her sleep.+27 by morgan28 in IB
- I grew up in metro Detroit and every other white collar parent is a Big Ten (if that) grad who makes a cozy $330k, 550k, even well into 7 figures after working up corporate (finance/marketing/engineering/sales) ladder at an automaker, auto supplier, etc. Mark Fields, former CEO of Ford, was...+25 by DukeED23 in IB
- This might not sit well with a fair amount of people on here, but I've found this interesting since I've heard a few financial professionals say that this is an okay thing to do (to an extent).
Has anyone else here made a small lie on their resume? (director of bullshit club,...+23 by Jake Paul in OFF
- In a [previous post](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/biotech-finance-from-ib-to-vc-hf-to-funded-startup), I discussed the most basic skill required for biopharma finance: forecasting a P&L for a drug.
In this post, I'll discuss the next step -- valuing biopharma companies. ...+19 by biotech212121 in IB
- I always preferred to work over 14 hrs a day and always felt the 40 a week is not enough. Since my job requires a lot of analysis and research, it is quite enjoyable to work all day. I recently saw an [article...+18 by LeveredCat in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Nov20Podcast: Getting to the buyside -- Vika (Anthemis) -- 11/2012:00 to 1:00 EST Online
- Nov21WSO Toronto Meet Up: Wed Nov 21st, 7:30pm, The Pint Public House7:30 EST Toronto, ON
- Nov26Webinar: Real Estate Private Equity - Industry Overview -- 9:00pm ET, 11/26/189:00 to 10:00 EST Online
- Nov27Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 11/27-11/298:00 to 5:00 EST Online