CFA Prep Materials - starting now for June 2020

Can anyone recommend a prep material provider? Taking Level 1 in June 2020 but starting to prepare in the near future because I am only paying and taking these tests once in my life. I don't do re-sits.

I was considering Fitch Learning or the Economist. Any good? Or anyone else?

I am one of those learners who is results not process focused. I am just looking for a provider who can get me a pass and keep me awake in the study period.

Thanks in advance!

I’m in the same boat, and a lot of people recommended I get one of the Kaplan Schweser packages, I opted for the essentials one that comes with the test bank and some practice tests.

Quant (ˈkwänt) n: An expert, someone who knows more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Most Helpful

Way to early to start. You'll end up forgetting most of what you've learnt. I started study start of April and got 90th percentile without finance background. Just use Mark Meldrum or IFT videos. Can get them free on youtube from a few years ago but not much has changed. Do end of chapter questions a few times and the online qbank from CFA and you'll be fine.

https://www.schweser.com/cfa

Kaplan Schweser notes are really helpful and amazing. I am sitting for the December Level 1 and found these very helpful. All of my friends/previous classmates also used Kaplan and they thought it was the best test provider (they all passed).

Even researching online I found most people going for Kaplan Schweser notes.

Cleared level I studying only from official cfa curriculum. Started in march. It is good if you want to begin to read now just to get a sense of what ure getting into but def do not begin to memorize or whatever. As said above, doing final book tests + some qbanks + 1-3 mocks is enough. Remember that if pass rates are so low is due to the sooo many chinese that are doing the exam and suck at english and many it/ops dudes that do not practice cfa cv in their day to day. So dont worry, just put on enough and smart hours from february and youll be fine

Illo consequatur quis et. Accusantium est facere facilis ullam quod atque incidunt. Beatae nemo explicabo hic sunt voluptate est.

Magni quas et quia qui quia. Veniam amet consequuntur quo dolorum et.

Iste dolorem et maiores blanditiis. Autem sed sed optio fugit.

Assumenda ea saepe nam repellendus quia minima doloribus consequatur. Molestias consequatur a temporibus ex sit ut quibusdam. Et dolores quis tempora.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”