Choosing UG Schools to push for (Graduate HS 2020)

Please don't hate on me for being legitimately interested in a field that you regret going into. I don't care if "HiGH skOOL iS ToO EArlY" to decide. I know I won't have a lot of free time. I already don't and it's taken up by things I want to pursue, and one of those things is finance and investing, etc.

I'm currently a HS junior with pretty good stats hoping to work in FinTech and the Financial Services Industry (perhaps IB for a year or two but no more than that; I understand the exit opps are good, but I want a little bit more of a life than it seems that offers), and I'm decently indecisive on where I want to go, so I am just looking for some advice on getting into the field.
If it helps, the stats I expect to have are (in regards to college apps):
- 13 or 14 AP classes/ credits, depending on whether I can find somewhere to take AP Chinese in May
- 3.96 UW GPA as of now
- Expecting to have a low 1500s SAT, already have 35 ACT
- Set as far as extracurriculars; well-accomplished with guitar and music, involved with three churches in leadership positions; part-time job, done some sports for several seasons, founder and Pres. of my school's Stock Market club, spend a good bit of time developing and researching on Quantopian and reading about econ and finance.
- Set as far as rec letters. Can get one from my guitar teacher (who's told me I'm his favorite student) or Chinese tutor (who does it for free because she liked teaching me so much in middle school) as a supplement too
- Should be set as far as supplement/ Common App essays too
- If I get my social media checked, I am human too. Got a girlfriend and am making efforts to post guitar vids and life pics more often to ensure I'm developing myself as an interesting person.

• Only negative is that I'm white straight Christian guy from a pretty wealthy household. Kinda the demographic that's getting harpooned politically atm; at least I don't have the affirmative action and Asian issue

So that's all the advice I've seen as far as getting into crazy good schools, but, of course, this is not a college admissions forum, this is a financial careers forum, so let's make this applicable to that topic.

What are my best options for covering a wide array of interests while maintaining good opportunities for internships/ careers and prestige? Would I at all be disabling myself for pursuing a liberal arts school rather than a UG business program like Stern?

I'm hoping to pursue some mixture of math, economics, finance, and computer science, and would like some pointers/ advice/ experience from you as to what schools can offer me such while remaining somewhat affordable (again, my parents are very wealthy, but I'm no trust fund baby) and not having a cancerous community (ex. I don't mind the UChicago culture of study study study, but I don't like what I've heard with Stern's culture, though I think NYU would be able to offer me a lot).

Do you think applying ED to an Ivy is a viable option for me? What about Wharton? I understand Wharton has a good rate of getting people into internships and jobs, etc., but how are the other Ivies represented (besides Cornell and Dartmouth)? Are the communities/ students as cancerous as it seems they might be?

How are more liberal arts schools represented in IB and FinTech? I'm most likely going to apply to Chicago and Tufts, but are there others that would offer that too that I should look at? Perhaps BU? Should I keep NYU pretty high up on my list, where it has been since I toured over the past summer?

Finally, UGA and GT
I live in Georgia and qualify for the Zell Miller scholarship, and unless I fail basically everything from here on out, will qualify by the time I graduate. This means that if I go to a GA school, the entirety of my tuition is paid for, as well as (I think) part of living costs, and that is on top of in-state price. In other words, I'd basically be going to Uni for free.
Are these schools at least somewhat well-represented? How are interns/ analysts/ entry-levels perceived coming from these schools?

If you took the time to actually go through all 4000 characters, of this, thank you for your time. It means a lot that you care to help me out.

Molestiae tenetur nostrum eum voluptatem atque illum mollitia qui. Quia qui hic esse non velit alias neque. Animi quo sed saepe.

Consequatur voluptatem vitae veritatis voluptas. Distinctio cupiditate eos voluptatibus quibusdam. Temporibus nulla voluptatem molestiae quas autem beatae odit. Molestiae officiis quos id.

Quibusdam similique atque alias necessitatibus alias. Et consequuntur nemo voluptas dolores minima.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”