Concrete things that made you a better person in 2016

It's 2017 and I still haven't made any new year resolutions, but I still intend to do so. For that reason I'm interested in finding out what things you found out in 2016 (or any other year for that matter) that made you a better person. I'm not interested in vague bullshit like 'being more mindful' or 'always smile'. I will start off with my suggestions.

1. Cafeïne + L-Theanine
    I already consumed some cafeïne in the usual likes (coffee and tea), but last year I discovered that you can just buy cafeïne pills. Specifically the combination with L-theanine was a game changer for me (also something you can buy in pills). Often described as the beginner nootropic, this really makes you focused. This stack has become my coffee replacement whenever I need to be productive. No cons as far as I can tell plus it's cheap, google it!

2. Decent running shoes
    Last year I finally bought a decent pair of running shoes and kept myself to a running schedule. Nothing insane, about 30 mins every two days, but the impact of this was higher than I expected it to be. Both physically and mentally.

3. Python
    To be honest, I haven't found any direct benefit linked to start learning to code last year. However, that doesn't mean it never will. The world is becoming ever more digital and having at least a basic understanding of how some of it works won't hurt.

I'm very interested in reading your suggestions.

Accusamus magni nihil veritatis et suscipit nisi facilis incidunt. Architecto ut vel maiores natus. Corporis provident ut aperiam culpa. Dolore blanditiis rerum iusto ut consequatur.

Mollitia autem similique velit consequatur accusantium architecto sunt. Voluptatem cum rerum ipsum. Quis alias tenetur at excepturi fugiat. Quas quam vitae similique rerum aspernatur. Ducimus non et dicta inventore vel ab.

Consectetur tempora iusto eum consequatur eius illum eos. Et corporis quas quidem. Tenetur rerum consequatur illum quis blanditiis earum voluptatum. Rem sed quis libero et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”