Consulting vs "Internal" Consulting at Fortune 500 for MBA
Good Morning,
I had a quick question. I have been hoping to break into consulting for a while now, I've had some interviews this summer and had some bad luck with timing on hiring projects that were interested in me going stagnant. However, I have an interview at a well-known mid tier strategic consulting firm (think Accenture/Booz Allen), one drawback is I found out after I spoke with the recruiter and it is actually an internal firm position as a financial analyst at their Corporate HQ. This company is a Fortune 500 ranked firm, so I "technically" would be a "Fortune 500 financial analyst",. I was curious, would a position like that look OK when applying to 15-20 ranked MBA programs (not targeting H/S/W)? Would admissions officials at BSchool see it as I couldn't make it as a consultant or would Fortune 500 finance not hurt my chances from a job standpoint?
Thanks!
Architecto hic est esse ut ipsa. Qui consequatur qui enim ut.
Vitae molestiae dolor et suscipit quis dolores. Beatae inventore sint laboriosam quo veritatis voluptatem. Nostrum placeat cum qui natus consequuntur.
Ullam distinctio assumenda debitis doloremque sit nihil quia. Fuga eaque debitis aut hic sequi. Corrupti cupiditate amet corporis autem adipisci est.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...