I accepted an offer from Deloitte
a few days ago and was just wondering if anyone knew the exact promotion structure in terms of years etc on the audit side of things. I believe in 2 years, one can become a senior, but I may be mistaken. Does someone have the exact years needed to become senior manager etc? This can apply for any Big 4 firm I would assume as well? Thanks
Big 4 Audit Promotion Structure
In the US, the following structure is typical:
- 0-2 years = Associate
- 2-3 years = Experienced Associate
- 3-5 years = Senior Associate
- 6-8 years = Manager
- 8+ years = Senior Manager (depends on sales) Partner
View a table breaking down promotion structure from Finance Walk below.
For PwC, Senior Associate can only be reached after 3 years instead and requires a CPA.
- 0-3 years= Associate
- 4-6 years= Senior Associate
- 7-9 years = Manager
- 10- 15+= Senior Manager Partner
Read Morea About Big 4 Audit On WSO
- I Went> B4 Audit> B4 CF > IB: Ask Me Anything
- AMA: Big Four Valuation Associate - Deciding Whether This Job Is Right For You
- Big 4: Comparing Audit Vs. Tax?
Need Help Preparing for Consulting Case Interviews?
Land at an elite consulting firm with the most comprehensive case interview prep in the world. The WSO Consulting Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to land the most coveted jobs.