Duke MMS 2014 intake calling all applicants

Has anyone submitted their applications? or get interview invites? or get a decision yet? Please introduce yourself here if you're an applicant or interested in applying and let us all enjoy the application/waiting process together!

I just submitted on the 10th of January round 2.
Undergraduate Major: Biotechnology at Worcester Polytechnic institute
GPA: 3.03
GMAT: 700

Best Response

Talk about the case method, which is huge here and I'm not sure that other masters in management programs use it, talk about team fuqua which is huge. Coming to the MMS you're part of a much bigger community, the Fuqua community, which means not only MBA and PhD students, but also alums and faculty. Everyone is helpful, from alums going hugely out of their way to a prof helping a friend prep for an interview in which they were an expert on the area. Reach out to current students and alums, ask them what they thought was important. I would say the biggest thing is how much they strengthen your soft skills, there is a focus on team work as you noted and we do most work as teams so highlight experiences where you worked in or led a team.

Thanks @guyfromct really appreciate the help. Had the interview yesterday and I think it went pretty well. Much of the conversation centered around my various leadership and team skills, and not so much on my academic abilities. Really seemed interested in finding out more about my journey. Spoke a great deal about the alumni of the school and the help they provide. Will find out in 2 weeks, just wanted to say thanks again for your input and advice.

Thanks. Also, how is the recruiting in the healthcare consulting area for the MMS students? I understand most MMS students go to Banking or other consulting areas not specifically in the healthcare field but I would like to know your opinion on it.

People go into healthcare consulting fairly frequently, we have a bunch of boutiques and mid tier firms that come to recruit. That's in addition to all of the consulting firms that give generalist offers. Fuqua has HSM so a lot of alums are well placed in HC roles. It's very doable, but since relatively few people have the interest it's a path less traveled.

I got an interview in round 2 as well. I am an Indian with a major in electronics engineering from a top school. 730 GMAT.

How many applicants get selected for the interview and how many make it through?

Just done my interview. It was around 40 mins with the last 10 mins for me to ask questions. The interviewer was very nice. Basically he asked about my story, why duke, teamwork example and a lot of behavioral question like how would u approach a situation (example), mostly about ur abilities in teamwork situation. Thank you @guyfromct for the help! It was really helpful!

I had my interview today too. Very behavioral as Aung and vishious have said.

@guyfromct How does the interview figure into the application process? What is the selectivity like? Sorry for the anxiety! :P

@"superShibe" I am sorry to hear that. Being Waitlisted is not that fun either. I wanted to make a decision on whether I should take another internship offer or not based on the decision today but seem like that'll have to wait a little more.

Thanks. Wait listed is difficult as well. I hope you get in though! I'm looking at Santa Clara MSF (10$k scholarship) and waiting to hear from USC MSF and UT Austin MSF, but I think I'll go ahead and pay the deposit at SCU

Similique atque consequatur doloremque vel repellat. Aliquam voluptatem nam minus sint veniam. Praesentium qui aperiam dolor. Et minus perferendis et reprehenderit quasi explicabo assumenda. Eos labore sed repudiandae accusantium eos mollitia.

Sint dolorem alias ut laborum consequatur repellat. Officiis nesciunt et non autem optio reiciendis dolorem repudiandae. Tenetur cumque ut repellendus corporis. Qui qui sed magni occaecati id. Voluptatem modi repudiandae mollitia aut temporibus explicabo. Et adipisci et voluptates autem occaecati quaerat.

Dolorem sed quidem tenetur quas consequatur unde. Voluptas est omnis suscipit quas enim non praesentium. Magni et sequi odit earum illo ut.

Dignissimos id est sit doloribus voluptatem culpa. Sed quia et totam tenetur et totam.

Ducimus sit et ut cumque vitae. Et neque quia saepe repellat voluptate labore. Ullam quis velit sint aperiam. Corporis ex hic aspernatur fugiat.

Quo repellat non velit qui vel eos officiis. Aliquid dolore rerum magni deserunt nihil. Dolores molestiae occaecati unde quia rem porro ipsa autem. Impedit laudantium quia voluptates tempore id possimus et culpa. Nam reiciendis cupiditate possimus maxime. Aut tenetur hic voluptates qui quis.

Beatae maxime enim vel in sequi vitae debitis. Aliquam sequi velit qui quisquam deleniti. Officiis ex et architecto modi laborum. Vel est quidem impedit corrupti sunt non non quia. Cum id libero ea nihil dolorem voluptatem omnis dolorum.

Iste id et quia magni eligendi non placeat. Corrupti ad aut quo quis facere perspiciatis tenetur adipisci.

Aliquid sunt corporis tenetur. Ducimus quia suscipit voluptatem. Et et fugit quia velit ipsa non hic aut. Voluptatem necessitatibus dolorem asperiores fugiat. Neque exercitationem non dolore nemo. Nam provident eveniet suscipit accusantium velit consequuntur.

Rerum placeat eius est rerum debitis voluptatem repellat alias. Exercitationem veritatis dolores similique debitis dolorum quisquam eligendi aut. Cumque et voluptate sed aut nesciunt. Rerum eius et repudiandae. Quia sed minus nemo atque doloribus omnis voluptatem ex.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”