As many of you know, the timeline for junior year internship recruiting has been pushed up a ridiculous amount. I'm currently a sophomore at a target business school and I just got an offer to IB at a MM global firm summer 2019. A lot of my friends already have their offers (one of my buddies who just got Guggenheim IB today doesn't even have a sophomore summer internship lined up yet). The crazy thing to me is that they put a 2-week deadline on responding or its pulled. My plan for recruiting was AM at a BB and Corp Fin at Google (I did a consulting project with them and am guaranteed a first round). I want to recruit for those still, but their timelines don't start until the fall. I feel like accepting this offer now wouldn't let me look into any other opportunities. That being said, to be done with the dreaded junior year recruiting period 14 months before the internship even starts would be great. Would appreciate some advice as I am a 20-year-old with no real idea of what I'm doing in life (like most people my age).
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Hello everyone, I am sharing this because Andy and Patrick said it may be useful for some younger users. I legitimately believe that WSO helped me get my career started.
About me: I grew up in the roughest part of town nearby a big city (think Ferguson Missouri, Flatbush Brooklyn,...+133 by johndoe2019 in IB
- Hi Everyone,
I’ve lurked on this site for a long time and it’s been extremely helpful at different points in my career. I’m interested in giving back via an AMA thread as I’ve seen others do over the years.
- Graduated from one of the top liberal arts schools
-...+49 by Classica in PE
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+43 by monkeyking722 in IB
- Currently, over 72% of Americans are overweight, with 40% being obese. More disturbingly, 19% of children are obese, who will almost certainly stay obese into adulthood. Life expectancy is going down in the United States, and 600,000 people die a year of obesity related causes. The causes of...+35 by Lloyd BIankfein in OFF
- Hello All,
Is the second housing Armageddon coming in 2019/2020? If you think this, why?
Article from the Jesse Colombo at Forbes - Housing Bubble 2.0: America’s Housing Market Is Up 49% Since 2012
[quote] Since the dark days of the Great Recession in 2009, America has experienced one...+31 by isa2130953 in MKT
- Hi guys:
For companies with large pension obligations, is it possible to get rid of them during LBO through some kind of structure, or would that only happen during bankruptcy? Thanks!+29 by chips_ahoy in PE
- Trying to get a feel of the BB IB associate (post-MBA) hours. I realized my American alumni generally tend to overstate the working hours of around 90-120 (*this is just my observation from >10 alumni I spoke to, and is not representative of everyone). Asia alumni I connected with who are are...+25 by anotherm7 in IB
- After a bender of a boys trip to Miami, I'm sitting at my desk hungover, tired, and with a huge case of the Mondays. Don't really feel like doing any work today so been planning my Europe trip for this summer. And it got me day dreaming and thinking about some hypotheticals:...+23 by thexfactor336 in OFF
- I’m working on a mammoth multi-part Google post and WeWork ties in nicely with the overall theme.
*(To be clear, I have no opinion on WeWork as an investment - and I have zero knowledge of real estate - but I saw [this...+23 by CuriousCharacter in RE
- Have a long night ahead and could use a distraction every hour or so
What is your hardest take... on anything. I'm talking hardest take possible. Fire away+23 by anonmises in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr20WSO DC Meet Up: Sat 4/20, 1pm, Vapianos1:00 EDT Washington DC, DC
- Apr23Podcast: A technical approach to investing in business and yourself -- Leo Polovets -- 4/2312:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Apr23Webinar: Tech Industry Pitchbook Secrets -- 9pm ET, 4/23/199:00 EDT Online
- Apr29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online