What is this?

You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Is this awkward to show up alone to? What percentage of people would you say show up in groups and don't really branch out? I am really interested in coming to this, but I cannot for the life of me convice any of my friends to come.... anyone, anyone?

Best Response
MistaBooks:
Is this awkward to show up alone to? What percentage of people would you say show up in groups and don't really branch out? I am really interested in coming to this, but I cannot for the life of me convice any of my friends to come.... anyone, anyone?

Dude, grow a pair and show up alone. I used to go to local ACG and CFA meetings alone when I was in undergrad and it was akward as fuck at first, but I met a bunch of people and even got some interviews out of it. This industry is all about who you know so do yourself a favor, don't worry about being akward and get out there and meet as many people as you can.

MistaBooks:
Is it awkward to be a eunuch post 1600?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Modi dolorum placeat incidunt quis repudiandae. Nemo fugiat eos ipsum minus. Qui doloribus ipsa et expedita dolor ea maxime.

Alias ad et voluptates magnam. Et molestiae eveniet commodi quisquam voluptatem qui doloremque. Nostrum hic labore mollitia sint earum. Iste numquam iure vero consequatur eum quia non id. Culpa ut vitae dolor ea consequatur. Natus alias ipsum nam maiores exercitationem at.

Eum nostrum aut possimus. Velit quo quo quo vitae. Quae aliquid eos ullam maiores voluptas ab soluta.

Ad reprehenderit consequatur praesentium suscipit minima eum. Facilis et magni incidunt id officia. Totam et beatae ad alias accusamus et. Dolorem inventore omnis quis non hic qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”