I got an excel with a simple sum equation, but if I go into it (F2) then press ENTER, then it turns into 0. It clearly can't be 0 because I actually see the cells it's trying to sum up and it's not 0.
At first, I thought it's because I had it on manual calculation, but it's not. It's on automatic calculation and I tried to do calculate now. Would you know what the problem is with the excel?
sum formula in excel equal to zero
If you've run into this error - our users have recommended three different solutions to the error of having a zero value when it shouldn't be zero.
These solutions include:
- Checking the format of the cell. If it is a small value being displayed as 0, you may have set the cell format as integer etc.
- Expanding the number decimals that the cell will show
- Checking the array formula (if applicable). Then you should press control + shift + enter for the formula to work.
- Checking to make sure that iterative calculations are turned on
Check out how to turn on iterative calculations below:
Read More Excel Help Threads on WSO
- Excel Question - Formulas showing #VALUE errors
- How to Copy Exact Formula in Excel (without Changing Reference)
- How to get a cell to display the formula of another cell
Looking to become a modeling master?
Sign up for our financial modeling training course to learn all this and more. Check out our 15% off discount to Wall Street Prep's Financial Modeling Courses.