Financial Technology Partners 2020

Really interested in the fintech space but all of the other posts seem to have a bunch of trolls. I know it doesn't get the best rep culture wise. Can someone fill me in on pay, deal flow, culture, and exit opps?

Here we go again. Should talk to an insider like Richard.3 if he's still around. Will tell you its the most amazing firm on earth and that you should be honored to be able to work everyday 24/7 365 on cap raises for the most amazing fintech companies in the world. Getting berated only builds character and makes u stronger. U will come out of the program as an absolute rockstar and place into any growth shop you want. If you make it out alive... ;)

Yes much was sarcasm but as other poster pointed out not much has changed with culture given that there really hasn't been a shake-up with senior mgmt. U will get worked and berated but at least FTP is finally becoming more of a household name in fintech circles. Good brand name within industry but horrific experience 

You really should have the critical thinking skills to put it together from the other posts...  Go look at LinkedIn and see how many of the seniors are the same people from the years those posts were made.  If they're the same, should be pretty safe to assume nothing has changed.  This is IB, and FTP's tombstone page has only been getting larger and filling faster.  It's gonna be sweaty, it's gonna be brutal, probably mentally and spiritually taxing, but if you like REALLY like fintech I think it's safe to say it's the best spot there is unless you got a top BB TMT role.  Pay is pretty street afaik and exits (also really easy to look at LinkedIn) are more towards growthy/venture type roles than PE it looks like, but have seen folks go all over.

Most Helpful

Officia reprehenderit repellendus magnam qui atque. Et non possimus atque voluptas est. Adipisci voluptate iste expedita dolor cum tenetur. Neque hic consequatur odio tempora doloremque ratione hic.

Quis non laudantium facere unde quia autem. Voluptatem doloremque magnam aut ipsam quis. Omnis non in dolores nihil. Sint minima vitae delectus vel nemo impedit qui labore.

Quis error iste aut est veritatis ipsa est. Vero fugit et in distinctio autem in. Reiciendis ea nihil expedita qui.

Voluptatibus provident cumque quis qui. Sit cum numquam iure rerum. Omnis quod illo placeat eos. Error quae aut a iure dolor modi culpa. Temporibus unde rerum officia voluptatem dolor et blanditiis ad.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”