Firms Still Recruiting for 2020 Full-Time Analysts

Hi Everyone,

Since the 2020 FT Megathread has died down, I wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone has any insight into what firms are still actively recruiting for full-time analysts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BBs/EBs are completely done. Top BBs had hiring freeze for trad IB but hired for capital markets. EBs each hired 2-4 new FT analysts across all offices. You could probably get plugged into MMs like Blair/ piper/ HW/ HL if you targeted satellite offices and had a strong background but otherwise should start heavily networking into actual boutiques. Thing you have to realize about many MMs and boutiques is that recruiting can be very unstructured so they may not run official processes but if the right candidate comes along they will hire at any time of the year.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Do you happen to know if some banks are still waiting to hear back on acceptance rates from their summers? I happen to know of one BB that gives their target students a long time to decide.

I wasn't plugged into anything beyond JPM/MS/GS and EBs but It's definitely possible if retention % ends up being way lower than normal. It's not super likely esp given banks are reducing overall hiring this cycle due to market conditions. I would definitely not expect anything from a BB to happen and hit the pavement networking with boutiques and MMs asap.

Most Helpful

From when I recruitied for FT (which was always a maze that felt like there was no end in sight):

The BBs and EBs would recruit from Mid-August through early September based on SA class and potential hiring needs for any available spots.

The MMs usually kicked off in September with Superdays starting from later September (third week) through mid October.

As for regional Boutiques, these can be all over place in terms of recruiting. I would say if it is the end of October, FT recruiting is just about done with random spots opening up here and there.

A word of advice: Other FT finance roles are also recruiting right now, so if you put all your eggs in the FT IB route, there is a likelihood you could miss on other solid finance roles outside of IB (that is not to say roles do not come up during the year). I say this since this happened to me even though things worked out. Good luck out there*

From a guy who never landed a job during FT recruiting season but still ended in FT IB role after graduation.

Authored by: Certified Corporate Development Professional - Director

What other finance positions are you referencing? Consulting, corp. fin, valuation? Or something else? I had a few IB FT interviews and haven't landed any of them, out of ideas on what to do next. Should I focus on boutiques?

All the above in terms of consulting, Corp Fin and Valuation.

Other roles: ER Prudential has a Capital Group

FPA (depending on your interest for operational finance)

Boutiques should also be a focus if your goal is breaking into IB.

Authored by: Certified Corporate Development Professional - Director

2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage :
Why are all of these banks putting a freeze on hiring? Is it just to wait on hearing back from the summer analysts who have not accepted yet or is it for other reasons?
the economy is gonna melt and they know it

Some banks that generally always have open FT positions for FT recruiting include Stephens, FT Partners, Guggenheim, Brown Gibbons Lang, Mizuho, Duff & Phelps and satellite offices of investment banks in less desirable locations. Keep in mind that these positions were usually open during September and early October so it may be too late for most of these opportunities. It doesn't hurt to reach out though.

Check job boards as well because sometimes, especially throughout the year, positions will open up looking for 1st year analysts. I remember seeing one from Raymond James in February.

Ut minima maxime quia enim. Nostrum magni odio voluptatem cupiditate ipsam sunt. Dolores dolor ut totam. Sapiente et et non et qui. Accusantium nemo optio quis consequatur quia quasi et iure. In veniam consequatur ut sed. Ut ratione ullam in sunt.

Veniam voluptas dicta dolor sit rerum consequatur. Inventore exercitationem omnis blanditiis soluta architecto asperiores. Ducimus recusandae est asperiores autem. Sapiente aut deserunt magnam numquam exercitationem ipsam quidem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”