Gary Johnson 2012 - Viable 3rd Party Candidate?

I like Ron Paul. He has no chance of winning the bid though

Could Gary Johnson win the election if the media doesnt completely shun him? Mitt Romney is going to win the GOP bid but half the GOP voting base doesn't trust his sketchy ass. A good amount of liberals are tired of Obama but would still probably vote him over Romney.

I think if Johnson is actually invited to the general debates he could steal a lottt of votes and make things interesting

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/

Sean518:
His whole campaign is based in the legalization of marijuana.. but he is in ridiculously good shape. He's always biking in these crazy marathons.

Fully support marijuana legalization but I don't like his reasoning. I think he supports the legalization of weed, but not harder drugs. He makes it seem like he came to that position based on a cost-benefit analysis and not on the principle of individual liberty.

Would love to see it happen, but it won't. He will be shut out of the debates just like he was in the GOP primary. I don't him nearly as much as Paul, but he'd have my vote if he is able to gain traction. As of now, I'm writing in Pual regardless.

If the media won't give Paul the light of day, and he's coming in 2nd place in state caucuses, then they sure as hell won't give Gary Johnson a shot. 99% of the people in this country have no clue who that guy is.

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Ron Paul deciding to go rogue as a 3rd party candidate and winning is more likely than Gary Johnson winning. I actually identify as a libertarian and avidly follow politics, but I am barely familiar with him.

tlynch5's 99% statistic is probably right on. Also, the marijuana thing alienates a huge amount of the voter base. The "gateway drug" myth is alive and well in most of the country, especially among the people who vote (read: seniors).

Problem with these folks is that they'll take votes from Mittens...

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is." - Oscar Wilde "Seriously, psychology is for those with two x chromosomes." - RagnarDanneskjold

Voluptatem sint dicta vero modi. Debitis quia facere sint rerum rerum earum. Quisquam blanditiis eaque impedit.

Autem dolor odit reiciendis possimus et. Eligendi expedita ut et quia eaque totam ut hic. Sapiente eum repellat ratione dignissimos quae. Consequatur recusandae nulla molestias dicta nobis.

Nisi quia quidem iste consequatur quis pariatur. Ut facere aliquam dolorem perspiciatis alias animi qui. Dolorem nihil est nulla ullam et accusantium. Similique tempore et cumque quas itaque exercitationem assumenda.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”