Hey everyone! I just finished a first round interview with GS through hirevue, does anyone know how long it takes to hear back? It's hard to tell how I did but will GS still send an email about next steps even if you weren't selected to move on.
Mod Note (Andy): Old post from 9/4/16 that is still getting a lot of discussion
What to expect from a Goldman Sachs Hirevue Video Interview
All applicants are asked to conduct Hirevue Video Interviews after applying to a program. Users on the forum have generally heard back between 1 week to a month to schedule second round or superday interviews. The status of their candidacy can be accessed on the applicant portal.
The interview includes 3-5 questions with 30 seconds to prepare a response, and up to 2 minutes to answer. Hirevue stops recording as soon as 2 minutes are up. There is an opportunity to practice this video format in the Hirevue tutorial you will see prior to starting your interview. It is recommended to practice preparing and recording videos prior to your interview- Hirevue offers unlimited practice trials.
The Hirevue Video interview can be inclusive of all the divisions you applied to, but the questions themselves will specify a division it is targeted for (if any).
One way to find out which division you are interviewing with is to check "reply-to" recipient in that email. Then Linkedin that person to find which division he/she is recruiting for.
Questions to Expect During GS Video Interview
Users have typically been given behavioral questions, and occasionally technical questions depending on the division they applied for.
- Why GS?
- Why this division?
- What does this division do and how does it fit into the firm?
- Tell us about a time that you had to work in a team.
- How does your experience and background apply to this division?
- Tell us about a project you're proud of.
- Tell me about a time when someone wasn't pulling their weight.
- Tell me about a time when you were faced with a confrontation.
General Tips for Video Interviews
- Ensure your webcam and microphone work
- Practice answering general behavioral questions concisely in front of a webcam, and prepare yourself mentally for questions you may not expect
- Review your resume for experiences and skills you want to highlight
- Be dressed in business professional from the waist up, and conduct your Hirevue interview in a quiet, well- lit room with minimal background distractions
The WSO investment banking interview Course
Check out WSO's Investment Banking Interview Course for access to 10+ hours of videos, 203+ Technical questions and over 127 detailed Behavioral questions and answers.