I recently started developing feelings for a friend of mine, but before asking her out and risking ruining our friendship, and maybe even some more considering that we are in the same group of friends, I am trying to better understand if there is a reciprocal interest.
I had already decided, before developing feelings for her, to get her roses for Valentine. This year she is going to be single and I planned to get her flowers anonymously, hoping to cheer her up
I have now realized that, after the recent development, getting her flowers could be a problem for a bunch of reasons:
- She might have a recent flirt and believe that roses are coming from that guy (which would hurt my eventual chances)
- If somehow she understands that I got her the flowers the situation could get really akward, especially if she is not into me
- Are flowers really going to make her smile or the potential frustration derived from not finding who sent her flowers outweights the benefits?
I know that this is not entirely appropriate for WSO, however I am trying to rationalize pros and cons and I am confident that I could you use your help.
Long story short:
Do I send the flowers or it will be a stupid move?
If you ever received flowers anonymously, or assuming that you will receive roses on Valentine, would you find it cute or creepy? (Assuming that you don't find out who sent them)
Hedge Fund Interview Course
- 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.