I recently transitioned into a Corporate Finance/Development f600 financial services firm. It turns out the Dev aspect of this group won't execute for a year or two down the line. As of now, the work is mostly FP&A. I'm here to show my potential options.
- Stick it out with the current group (great bonus structure, great 401k plan, work is boring)
- A pub fin consulting firm has reached out; the work entitles gap financing for real estate development by means of municipal bonds.
- An IB shop in town that executes deals in the FIG (financial institutions) sector wants to have a discussion in the coming months, but this is only a potential option.
Just for background, I'm 24 and B-school is always an option, that being said it would be enlightening to obtain opinions on which pivot is best for b-school. Thanks guys.
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.