Long story short. I recently got a job offer from UniCredit Group for their 2 y. graduate program in corporate banking, with possibility of changing department to Leverage Finance Solutions. But recently I got a call from local Rothschild's office, with offer for an internship in Global Financial Advisory, till December this year, although they rejected me for their Summer Analyst program.
Benefits of Taking a Full-time Job Offer
The UC's program takes about 2 y. and I would rotate between different departments of UC group. The program starts in September in sales. In addition, I know very well one Executive from this bank, that might help me later in a career at UC.
Is the Internship Worth the Risk?
I am torn, because I really wanted to do M&A, but I am aware, that It'd last only last till the end of this year. There were a few interns prior to me, and none of them got the full-time offer, even during a call I was informed, that they can't offer me anything besides internship after December.
Decision: Internship vs Job
What should I choose? I am willing to take Rothschild's offer, instead of UC, but I was unemployed throughout last year, and I'll be 27 next year. I don't think that I would find any job in banking if Rothschild won't give me an offer for full-time role, because I went through interviews at almost every company, and without any success.
WSO Community Advice
Most WSO community members recommended that OP take the UniCredit job. They cited numerous factors including:
- Work environment
- Work culture
- Future career opportunities
- Risk tolerance
For other WSO discussions on deciding between internships and full-time offers, check out these posts: