How to best prepare for FP&A summer internship at Tech F500 company?
I would like to make a great first impression and hit the ground running as to increase my chances of getting that coveted return offer. Some background info: I am a junior in semi-target majoring in Finance, the internship starts in about 2.5 months.
Also, should I reach out to the recruiter about next steps or something? The last communication we had was two weeks ago where I signed the online contract and we exchanged emails on how excited we were to move forward.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- There has been a lot of recent discussion on these forums as well as in the media regarding the value of an MBA. As a longtime member of the community and someone who recently made the decision to pursue an MBA, I thought I’d share some thoughts.
You can see my full background story here:...+172 by CompBanker in BSCH
- Well that was absolutely hilarious. Haven't seen a CEO dodge questions and come unglued like that since the "asshole" moment from Skilling. Stock's down about 5% after-hours thanks to fraud-boy shitting the bed yet again. I hope some of you are short the stock or long swaps...+52 by GreenspanAndHam in MKT
- Who else got this? Let's discuss.
I know there was a giant thread on this last year, but does anyone have experience with Goldman Sachs Hirevue questions for this recruiting session?
Please add your interview contributions in this shared google sheet for 2018 IB SA recruiting:...+39 by newyorkermonkey in IB
- I went to an interview and was asked to tell a joke. I told a simple one.
How would you respond?
Mod Note (Andy): See more jokes in this thread from 2017: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/interview-questions-tell-me-a-joke+26 by myPuppyVictoria in JOB
- Hi all,
Throwaway account to try and keep identity as anonymous as possible. Going to share my experience as I'm starting my BB SA gig this summer in a top coverage group, doing it coming from a non-target school with an average GPA (~3.5).
I came to school to study something...+21 by herzyherzy in IB
- OK, so according to my parents I "still have my communion money" (I do, minus what I lost on Global Crossing) My GF recently blew up the tranny on my old Jeep. That means I need a new car. Prestige is a non-factor (thank you Manhattan) I Take the train to work, what should I buy for...+18 by Whatever1984 in OFF
- Just completed the HireVue for JP Morgan IB- FT Role. 7 questions, 30 second preparation, 3 min to record your answer.
Interview Questions for JPM HireVue Interview
Questions will vary based on the position. You can expect some of the following questions:
Why are you a good fit for this...+16 by Pierpont in IB
- What is the most memorable earnings call you have come across?
I remember one from Enron where the CEO insulted an analyst in response to a question about its cash flows.
JPM has some good ones as well given the temperament of Jamie Dimon. +14 by kyc133enydc in HF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May21Webinar: IB Deal Walkthrough: JuiceCo (Part 1) -- 9pm ET, 5/21/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Online
- May22Podcast: Corporate VC and an analyst job offer! -- Urs Cete -- 5/22/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May23Webinar: Burger King Franchise Case (ECF, CCF, Valuation) -- 9pm ET, 5/23/189:00 to 10:30 EDT Online
- May24The 8th Annual Swiss Private Equity Conference - 5/24/188:00 to 6:00 EDT Zurich
- May24WSO Toronto Meet Up: Thur May 24th, 7:30pm, Paubers Pub7:30 EDT Toronto, ON