Question was asked back in 2014 and as we all know community slightly changed here. Therefore I am wondering where modern wolf of wall streets want to live.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I was amazed that the average GPA's of Top 10 b-schools are so low considering how competitive to get in. According to Poets & Quants, some of the average GPAs for 2018 were the following: Wharton - 3.60, Booth - 3.60, Ross - 3.50, Tuck - 3.49, Sloan - 3.48, and Cornell Johnson was only...+26 by recruitingstudent in BSCH
- A leading upper mid-market PE firm emailed me this: "It’s rare that we recruit for a VP role. We typically hire at the Associate or Senior Associate role and promote."
This seems fairly typical, although it's rarely expressly said. Why is it so hard to lateral as a VP?+24 by Kickball123 in PE
- Hopefully this guide will save monkeys some money and avoid the fuckups I made. Basically, you can score expensive $$$ clothing for way way less than what you would think. This doesn’t mean cheap, but it does mean you should be able to find $8000 suits for ~$700 - $1200 by the time you finish...+17 by m_1 in FASH
- Are there any potential exit opps from an IB analyst to a role in the sports world? Always been fascinated by the management/ business side of the sports industry. Is this possible, and are there any recent precedents of this happening? Would appreciate any info on this subject. +14 by FIGNewtons in IB
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Holy shit.
I will edit my post with my thoughts, opinions, ideas, expectations, and predictions after I think about this. What did you guys think? One thing is for sure.. we now know how that coin landed.
***Fire away***+12 by champagnepaki in OFF
- WSO was a great source for me at the beginning of my career. Figured it is time to give back.
* Graduated from a non-target school with a 3.5 GPA
* Spent 3 years at a BB bank in Leveraged Finance
* Currently, at a value oriented credit hedge fund, investing in...+11 by Value892 in HF
- At EB Right now. It's already 9pm talked to analyst who told me I'll be working until 2am on average (including today). I've been "reading" the compliance book since 2pm since there's not a lot to do on my first day.
I think I fucked up and chose the wrong...+11 by EUROPETARGET in IB
- Hello! I've recently received two full-time offers from a no name boutique (5 man shop) and sort of an "in between" (think RBC, wells fargo, nomura, etc.) I was curious as to what factors people take into consideration with a) lateraling between IB groups and b) when you’re...+9 by mexicanmonk in IB
- Hey all,
This site has been a big help to me over the years and I wanted to see if there's anyone out there I can help by answering some questions.
* Lower/middle class from the southern US, first generation
* Started out at a semi-target in STEM , finished my...+9 by GibbonAwayNow in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May14FP&A Technical Mastery – Chicago, 5/14-5/168:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May14Podcast: Building a billion-dollar business in less than 2 years -- Henrique Dubugras -- 5/1412:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- May15Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/15-5/178:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- May15WSO Boston Meet Up: Wed 5/15, 630-830pm, The Alley Bar6:30 EDT Boston