I'm sad all races don't get along in 2022

As a black dude, I've been fighting for MLKs vision of the "future" for as long as I can remember. Even though I am not African American (I'm African), my parents taught me to fight AA's fight as they have been disenfranchised for a long time. I have seen mostly white firms only hiring africans and discriminating against AA's and feeling like this was wrong and now there seems to be a full hatred between asians, white people and black people. With some of us straight up shoving asians onto train tracks. On the other end of the spectrum as an african I feel a lot of hate towards me by african african americans and hear a lot of insults and even face constant agression when certain AA's find out i'm african (if you havent heard this is a legit thing a lot of africans face in the USA)

Even though I class myself as non partisan, I blame the democratic party for this division by calling everyone that disagrees with even their most stupid ideas a Nazi or Racist, this only served to draw a line between everyone and now we have people straight up against affirmative action, against policing and some people are so far left they are calling for everyone to be segregated again. My friends who are also black say all this is only making it harder for black people as people feel like they come with a lot of baggage>.

Ever once in a while I hear a comedian like Bill Burr, Ricky Gervais or Dave Chapelle or someone on Tik Tok (like the new "i was out crackered" or "out n******ed" joke trend) make a race related light hearted joke and I feel relieved that people still see each other as people with flaws and kinks and i wish things could just get back to the way they were in the early 2010s when no one was off limit to getting made fun of.

I see the same thing happening on this website as recently people were saying they hoped genocides be committed against mainly black minorities and I just wished we would all take a breather and relax.

So long as hucksters like Al Sharpton and X. Kendi exist and continue to perpetuate a victimhood, conflict-oriented mentality race relations will always have a cloud over them. It's unfortunate. Especially now that we're even starting to see some of them, like Kendi, call MLK's vision itself racist. I just remember seeing the LA Times calling Larry Elder the "black face of white supremacy" and shaking my head at how this crap is never going to end so long as it's a way to exercise control over an ignorant group of voters. Ironically this stuff all became much more pronounced and central to the mainstream narrative under Obama... so much for unity. 

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly" - Robert A. Wilson | "If you don't have any enemies in life you have never stood up for anything" - Winston Churchill | "It's a testament to the sheer belligerence of the profession that people would rather argue about the 'risk-adjusted returns' of using inferior tooth cleaning methods." - kellycriterion

I agree man. Race relations (and things in general) were so much better up until the early 2010s. People got along. You could make race-related jokes and people would understand your intentions. This was the era of South Park, Chappelle's Show, Borat, and so many great comedies. We have gone downhill in the past 7 years, and I don't blame white supremacists for this. I have personally never met a white supremacist in my life. As far as I'm concerned, they are a fringe group with virtually no power to in our society. The people who are truly responsible for this decline--the people who do have power--are the so called "progressives" who claim to fight for unity. They've done anything but unify. They've promoted poisonous ideas that have split our country apart along racial lines. And if you dare criticize their views, or god forbid make an edgy joke, you are deemed a white supremacist and could have your career ruined. I'm sick of wokeness. I hope we return to simpler times. 

That was the point I was trying to make. i have legit never met a white supremecist or felt in danger because of my race before and i am very visibly a black man. Granted I've only lived in London, South Africa and NYC. Not really KKK hotspots. 

IDK where this all started but recently I've been hearing about mass formation psychosis (i'm double vaxxed this isn't an anti vax rant), and I think a lot of people are suffering from this when it comes to race relations. Can we all just chill tf out

The alt left has destroyed America, in this age of social media these tensions will only get worse. Better at this point to consider exit options for other countries by this point -- not to pull the trigger right now exactly (as the U.S. is still a good place to live for foreseeable future) but keep an escape hatch open 

[Comment removed by mod team]

Most Helpful

Here's the thing -- all the things you listed are very strong reasons as to why the future of America is bleak. No matter what values you try to instill in your kids, this is only part of it. The community they're in / broader society / teachers / etc all will have a very strong influence on them as well. So the question is, do you think what you teach can more than compensate for everything else? I don't know the answer to this

As I said, things are still ok in America today (as bad as it seems). It can and will get much, much worse. Without outside interference (i.e. war with China) there are still likely a few more decent decades the U.S. has in it (though social media's impact has been to accelerate the downhill path as it's divided us more and more, so perhaps it's even closer). No need to jump ship right now (IMO) but just give some though to other options. I for one will in the next ~15yrs buy property in at least 2 other countries as part of this prep (and might as well diversify one's portfolio). Gotta just keep one's options open

Good thing is that more and more assets are digital so you can take them with you (low financial switching costs) if you move countries. From stocks / bonds / crypto there are plenty of assets that are very liquid & moveable. Real estate is probably the tougher one but you can manage that risk by owning real estate across multiple countries 

ITT - white people (who’ve known 1.5 black people their whole life) regurgitating the same old tired talking points they see on social media 

No room for nuance on this forum.. guess that’s what happens when the average poster is 20 years old and still trolls 4chan 

spoiler alert - most black people aren’t blaming whiteys for their problems. Touch grass and stop being mad at the wrong people 

[Comment removed by mod team]

Arroz con Pollo

I don't see the point of your comment as it's irrelevant and inaccurate to the above conversations. I am one of the commenters in this thread and am not white. Why don't you try to post something productive to the conversation instead of dismissing the conversations above?

Not worth the additional brain damage trying to have good faith debates on this forum anymore, too far gone 🤷‍♀️ 

I don't believe OP is black. Post reads like a troll post that you all are eating up because you want things to be the way OP portrays - oh and because he somehow ascribes racism to the democratic party which is a convenient scapegoat for this forum to fall in love with.

Array

BobTheBaker

I don't believe OP is black. Post reads like a troll post that you all are eating up because you want things to be the way OP portrays - oh and because he somehow ascribes racism to the democratic party which is a convenient scapegoat for this forum to fall in love with.

It is difficult to know for sure but I  was wondering the same thing. 

Quam non soluta quas aut perferendis. Voluptate temporibus repellendus ut voluptates vitae quis.

Voluptatem quos maiores quidem dolor. Quia dicta omnis et omnis commodi natus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”