[In IB] Corporate Banking - 25% - 75% Bonuses? Base Increased from $75K to $90-100K?

Hey All, 

I want to talk about Corporate Banking really quickly. The website and WSO Database and all other online information is starting to get a little bit outdated on this product group and I'm hoping we can get some newer more relevant information here on all the Banks re: Corporate Banking Hours/Comp. 

I'm very curious to understand what remuneration looks like as you grow in corporate banking to senior levels: 

i.e. what do Senior Analysts earn all-in? Associates all-in? VPs all-in? Directors all-in? Do the hours fall as you get more senior? 

I've also heard rumours that many banks are increasing the base pay and bonus percentage for corporate bankers - can anyone confirm? 

A few things I want to get more data points on from the corporate bankers here on WSO: 

• How much is your base and bonus % and what is your job level? (AN1, AN2, AS1, VP, etc.)
  • Is your corporate banking group housed within Investment Banking? (if not, please don't provide your data points). 
  • Have bases/bonuses increased at your bank this year as a result of COVID-19? 
  • What tier city do you live in? 
  • What are your hours worked like? Is it easy to juggle other things like a relationship, your social and physical well-being, startup alongside your full-time job?

I'll answer for myself: 

AN2 with 90K Base, 10K Sign-On, and 25% Target Bonus, housed within IB.

Tier 1 City

Hours: 60-70/wk

Set to return ft in corporate banking housed with IB. As of right now, base is 85k with a target bonus of 10-15% (really low compared to other CIB platforms). With sign-on bonus, this puts you at just above the 100K mark for your first year, where you can expect to work 40-80 hours a week depending on deal flow, with a few hours on weekend as needed. AN2 is 110k all-in at my bank. Bank hasn’t raised IB bases yet, so hoping they do so in the near future.

Most Helpful

Set to return ft in corporate banking housed with IB. As of right now, base is 85k with a target bonus of 10-15% (really low compared to other CIB platforms). With sign-on bonus, this puts you at just above the 100K mark for your first year, where you can expect to work 40-80 hours a week depending on deal flow, with a few hours on weekend as needed. AN2 is 110k all-in at my bank. Bank hasn't raised IB bases yet, so hoping they do so in the near future.

Damn I made this much money in commercial banking as a 1st year and 2nd year analyst.. wtf

Quidem quasi doloribus necessitatibus sit voluptates eos voluptas. Excepturi corrupti est reprehenderit natus id quia sunt. Eaque voluptas voluptas unde velit.

Quis dolore et et perspiciatis. A autem iusto aut. Dolore fugiat architecto ab quibusdam eum dolores repellendus. Voluptatibus eum rem hic perferendis repellat placeat. Possimus laudantium quia maxime est.

Vel aut laborum iste. Ipsam explicabo asperiores ea aut voluptas nesciunt. Pariatur quo excepturi qui praesentium qui voluptates aliquid. Enim ab et dolorem culpa.

Ut laborum tenetur mollitia esse minus. Ut praesentium voluptatem nihil dolorum. Necessitatibus vel aspernatur dignissimos. Qui eum eos blanditiis ipsum eaque aut eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”