[In IB] Corporate Banking - 25% - 75% Bonuses? Base Increased from $75K to $90-100K?

Hey All, 

I want to talk about Corporate Banking really quickly. The website and WSO Database and all other online information is starting to get a little bit outdated on this product group and I'm hoping we can get some newer more relevant information here on all the Banks re: Corporate Banking Hours/Comp. 

I'm very curious to understand what remuneration looks like as you grow in corporate banking to senior levels: 

i.e. what do Senior Analysts earn all-in? Associates all-in? VPs all-in? Directors all-in? Do the hours fall as you get more senior? 

I've also heard rumours that many banks are increasing the base pay and bonus percentage for corporate bankers - can anyone confirm? 

A few things I want to get more data points on from the corporate bankers here on WSO: 

• How much is your base and bonus % and what is your job level? (AN1, AN2, AS1, VP, etc.)
  • Is your corporate banking group housed within Investment Banking? (if not, please don't provide your data points). 
  • Have bases/bonuses increased at your bank this year as a result of COVID-19? 
  • What tier city do you live in? 
  • What are your hours worked like? Is it easy to juggle other things like a relationship, your social and physical well-being, startup alongside your full-time job?

I'll answer for myself: 

AN2 with 90K Base, 10K Sign-On, and 25% Target Bonus, housed within IB.

Tier 1 City

Hours: 60-70/wk

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (12)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Jul 24, 2021 - 10:16am

I'm sure it varies but I think most CB A1s were making the same $85k (not $75k) as IB before

• Intern in IB - CB
Jul 26, 2021 - 5:20pm

Set to return ft in corporate banking housed with IB. As of right now, base is 85k with a target bonus of 10-15% (really low compared to other CIB platforms). With sign-on bonus, this puts you at just above the 100K mark for your first year, where you can expect to work 40-80 hours a week depending on deal flow, with a few hours on weekend as needed. AN2 is 110k all-in at my bank. Bank hasn't raised IB bases yet, so hoping they do so in the near future.

Most Helpful
  • Analyst 2 in IB - CB
Jul 26, 2021 - 10:52pm

Set to return ft in corporate banking housed with IB. As of right now, base is 85k with a target bonus of 10-15% (really low compared to other CIB platforms). With sign-on bonus, this puts you at just above the 100K mark for your first year, where you can expect to work 40-80 hours a week depending on deal flow, with a few hours on weekend as needed. AN2 is 110k all-in at my bank. Bank hasn't raised IB bases yet, so hoping they do so in the near future.

Damn I made this much money in commercial banking as a 1st year and 2nd year analyst.. wtf

• Intern in IB - CB
Jul 26, 2021 - 11:34pm

Ratione et facilis explicabo aut. Quo quibusdam eum neque veniam rem. Aut tempore vitae quae impedit aliquid eos quae.

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Oncycle is a fucking joke
+188PEby Analyst 2 in IB - Cov
Dating smart girls
+140OFFby Analyst 2 in Consulting
How often do you get "matches" on apps?
+134OFFby Associate 1 in AM - Other
I want to quit already…
+107IBby Analyst 1 in IB - Cov
Have you ever sued your employer?
+95PEby Principal in PE - Other