[In IB] Corporate Banking - 25% - 75% Bonuses? Base Increased from $75K to $90-100K?
I want to talk about Corporate Banking really quickly. The website and WSO Database and all other online information is starting to get a little bit outdated on this product group and I'm hoping we can get some newer more relevant information here on all the Banks re: Corporate Banking Hours/Comp.
I'm very curious to understand what remuneration looks like as you grow in corporate banking to senior levels:
i.e. what do Senior Analysts earn all-in? Associates all-in? VPs all-in? Directors all-in? Do the hours fall as you get more senior?
I've also heard rumours that many banks are increasing the base pay and bonus percentage for corporate bankers - can anyone confirm?
A few things I want to get more data points on from the corporate bankers here on WSO:
- How much is your base and bonus % and what is your job level? (AN1, AN2, AS1, VP, etc.)
- Is your corporate banking group housed within Investment Banking? (if not, please don't provide your data points).
- Have bases/bonuses increased at your bank this year as a result of COVID-19?
- What tier city do you live in?
- What are your hours worked like? Is it easy to juggle other things like a relationship, your social and physical well-being, startup alongside your full-time job?
I'll answer for myself:
AN2 with 90K Base,-On, and 25% Target Bonus, housed within IB.
Tier 1 City