JPM start date pushed back SA2020

We just received an email stating that the investment banking summer analyst program for JPM will start July 6. They also informed us that they have not decided whether or not the program will be virtual but will update us by mid April. Like B of A, they will pay starting in June.

From my understanding, it is all locations. I have spoken to incoming summer analysts among different groups in Chicago, SF, and Seattle who all received the same email. Haven’t connected with anyone in New York yet but, I think it would be safe to assume that it will be the same.

What did they say exactly? the internship start date is def pushed back for in person, but they may still have you begin virtually on the original start date?

"We believe it’s important that you get to know and learn from us, as we get to know and learn about you. We want to give you the opportunity to make an informed decision about JPMorgan Chase as a future employer. And while we really hope to do this in person, in case that’s not possible, we’re preparing great alternatives to do so virtually. This arrangement where you perform work remotely can create some potential complexities that we may need to work through with some of you if remote working would be outside of your program’s intended location. If that is the case, we will engage you directly and work diligently to resolve those issues, if possible."

Has the end date shifted as well? Ie is it the same length as before

Would a BB (or any bank really) change the SA structure based on the location? It seems like a real possibility that NYC has stay-at-home orders all summer while California/Texas/etc opens up in mid June or July. Could they theoretically make NYC SAs virtual but let SAs in other cities come to work by July? Is that something a bank would do?

How the fuck should we know. Can you tell me the last time there was a global pandemic? Jeez some students nowadays are dumb as hell

To answer your question, Intern, the last outbreak classified as a pandemic, H1N1, occurred in 2009. Additionally, pandemics are global by definition.

To answer KG55, it seems possible that they would do that; it is more likely to be the opposite if NYC recovers sooner while SF/LA get worse.

wolfiee:
If they start paying from the original start date, are we technically working for them starting june? asking this as an international student because my permit (cpt) starts in june

You need to be confirming this with HR rather than online with randoms. It is likely HR have take this into consideration; if they haven’t, you need to flag it with them now.

Sorry to say for you guys, but you're internships will probably be canceled and they will rescind your offers. Too much uncertainty right now; deals are drying up; banks need start cutting heads to save costs

Likelihood of JP still extending new SA 20 offers? I completed virtual superday for WM in NYC almost a month ago (my interviewers were already WFH at that point). Recruiter sent an email two weeks later that "the firm has paused on extending offers for the next few weeks" and will update soon. Doesn't sound promising but perhaps they'll just delay the start date too? Tempted to follow up but trying to be patient given the situation.

Autem quis molestias magnam laudantium qui. Nisi odit et quia.

Officia aut deserunt tempore incidunt ut sequi. Incidunt a consequuntur accusamus assumenda iusto magni ut. Veritatis qui non mollitia vel quis. Perspiciatis dolores occaecati repellat repudiandae aperiam soluta.

Voluptatem in eos tenetur omnis sequi. Ipsa soluta quisquam laudantium et provident recusandae eveniet quia. Quod iusto ipsa rerum atque sit quas. Voluptatem quibusdam aliquam enim exercitationem quidem corrupti. Eveniet veritatis quia et nemo occaecati maiores est. Molestias consequatur iusto perspiciatis dignissimos quam expedita. Similique tempora deleniti culpa consequatur. Vel optio id quo excepturi aspernatur amet.

Totam dolor rerum tempore asperiores omnis. Est non aliquam non est quia. Ducimus officiis sed et. Impedit quo consequatur optio modi adipisci aperiam. Amet aut officiis repellat aut amet ducimus. Quaerat consequuntur omnis architecto facilis sequi. Eum est sit totam et harum.

Consequatur exercitationem ut aspernatur cum ab et. Nihil consequuntur odit dolorum quod tenetur consequatur laudantium. Omnis laborum autem autem quas. Id et natus quia adipisci. Beatae corrupti dicta aut assumenda quisquam non. Voluptate libero quidem eum eaque. Inventore minus provident distinctio dignissimos eligendi ratione.

Aliquam quia maxime vel id et laborum. Possimus sit fugit in delectus aspernatur. Sunt non vel minima similique tempora consequatur.

Incidunt neque recusandae sed cum. Nemo vel voluptatem ratione fuga sed sit. Et dolor voluptatem odit in laboriosam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”