Lazard 2017 Summer Analyst Recruitment

Eight days ago, Lazard HR reached out to offer me a first-round phone interview for their 2017 Summer Analyst Program. I accepted with enthusiasm and gave them my availability for the next week, and they said an Analyst would reach out to me to solidify the day/time of the interview. It has now been 8 days, and I have heard from neither HR nor an Analyst, even though I reached out again to HR to ask when an Analyst would be in touch.

Could this mean that they didn't mean to email me in the first place? Should I stop trying to reach out? Or is this poor organization on HR's part? Feeling bummed since this was my first banking interview.... let me know if this has happened to you and if you have advice for me.

I am a non-diversity applicant (although I am gay but I am pretty sure I haven't told anyone at the firm that), but I have a first round interview this coming week. So, I think that they at least have an accelerated program for a portion of their analyst class

I just got my offer for a superday today following a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was pretty much all technical questions, which is not surprising given that I am a non-core applicant. Most of the questions were based on valuation. However, they were not straight forward - definitely made me think critically and put a lot of valuation concepts into practical application / a creative context. I like this format. It is especially beneficial if you have experience researching and modeling companies. They said that the superday should be in the second week of September, but no definite date yet. I also think it is important to mention that this is the accelerated process. Not quite sure how much of the analyst class they are looking to fill during this accelerated period.

Best Response

your analyst was probably busy fixing his Tesla mess...

Director of Finance and Corporate Development: 2020 - Present Manager of FP&A and Corporate Development: 2019 - 2020 Corporate Finance, Strategy and Development: 2011 - 2019 "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

Tempore a dolores incidunt distinctio consequatur repellat est. Occaecati tenetur sit asperiores consequatur occaecati expedita et non.

Nostrum quo ut et voluptates. Est inventore velit natus cum sapiente eaque soluta. Suscipit cum non aut vero quia saepe porro. Rerum sunt deleniti nihil consectetur qui rem voluptas sint.

Temporibus est molestias fuga suscipit. Iusto sit repellat laborum est voluptas. Minus perferendis deleniti consequatur aliquid. Molestiae ex illo sequi iure placeat quibusdam aut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”