Paths to reach 100 million before 35

What are the paths to making this much money at such a young age? Having money well into your 50s or 60s is great, but at that point, you have 10-15 more years in the tank and are more focused on your family. Having an exorbitant amount of money while young would be 1000x better. I understand this post seems unrealistic, I don't care.

Heres what I can think of: Pro Athlete, Actor, Music Artist, Entrepreneur of a startup that IPOs, HF / investing prodigy, inheritance, marrying into wealth

If you subtract naturally gifted people (pro athletes / music artists) and lucky people (actors, IPO'd entrepreneurs, inheritance) you'll notice that most of those making that much money so young acquired it through fraud, insider trading, or both. Works especially well in underdeveloped countries.

I consider that an actor's career is greatly influenced by his social network, i.e., his family as well as the persons he meets. Of course being an actor requires at least a bit of talent, but if the said actor never meets a producer willing to have him in his movie, he'll never become famous (and rich). Network is everything, especially in Hollywood, and being born in the right circle is a decisive advantage because competition is extremely intense (compared to the general population of actors, only a few of them are millionaire in the end).

The same way, an individual can be an excellent entrepreneur but simply lack the idea or opportunity that would allow him to express his talent. Take Ray Kroc, who was basically a nobody salesman until he met the McDonald brothers at the age of 52, developed their idea and became a billionaire.

Those categories are just a simplification of course. Niccolò Machiavelli provides a more accurate description when he explains that one's destiny is the sum of virtù and fortuna, roughly of talent and luck. Some people can have great skills, but be confronted to shitty external circumstances, the same way that some people can have absolutely no talent at all but encounter great luck, by being born in a family that is already rich for instance.

Statistically speaking, it really boils down to creating your own business and having a massive exit. That’s at least how a majority of the ultra wealthy legally got their money (I won’t divulge into being born into a royal family or being Putin).

Finance, tech, and real estate have been the main drivers of wealth in recent history.

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” - Nassim Taleb

1 - Get lucky in the film industry, become a star from doing one film 2 - Be a good singer/dj. I don't understand how some djs/singers are so popular but once you get popular, sky's the limit 3 - Become a boxer. Heavyweights have it the easiest in this regard as competition is less fierce (it has picked up a little lately). Drop weight as much as possible to fight at the lowest weight class. Be entertaining. Profit$$

I agree with your second point. You don’t have to be super gifted or talented anymore. You need to have a decent voice (sound engineering will do the rest) and a good producer/beat.

I would argue that being a talented songwriter is far more important. Putting together a well-constructed song (good lyrics, strong melody, catchy chorus) can take you super far. Plus, it doesn’t hurt to understand marketing a bit.

You are a freaking immature fool who has yet to realize that money does not bring happiness. When you are sitting on your 1st million and have no one to share it wit hor talk to, then you will realzie that the pauper has a better life than you

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ISOckXUybVfQ4/giphy.gif" alt="lonely" />

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

It's tough. There's quite a few startup guys who have 100 mill + in equity, but the money is illiquid unless they sell out.

One of the appeals of a high paying job is liquidity. Someone making 500k+ at a HF/PE has better lifestyle than a startup founder with a 100k salary but 10 million in illiquid equity.

I’m not sure if that is actually correct post IPO. Granted, most of the money can’t be sold off. But you can still sell off quite a bit.

Pre-IPO yeah, it’s all paper money

“The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates, and a monthly salary.” - Nassim Taleb

bruh do you think some analyst is turning up to pop smoke at 3 am doing the renegade on tik tok while getting hit with the plz fix tks

liquidiot:
I seriously think there’s an untapped market of being an IB guy and social media savvy. Think big youtuber/tiktok guy/ IG influencer. you probably wouldn’t hit a 100 million this way but there are definitely some YouTubers who are millionaires.

It’s not as out there as assuming you’ll find the next Facebook lmao

Q Park, former iBanker turned youtuber

Have compassion as well as ambition and you’ll go far in life. Check out my blog at MemoryVideo.com

$25 mil is doable. I have come to like companies with 'widgets' and unlimited upside. Find a good widget and you'll find your $25 mil.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

I think all your own answers basically imply "be the top 0.01% of what you do," since the average pro athlete, actor, music artist, entrepreneur, investor etc. isn't going to have 25M in the bank by 35. I'm pretty sure the top 0.01% of finance professionals could also have that amount in the bank by that age, but that'd probably be because they're entrepreneurs/owners to some extent (started own shop, carry, trading profits, etc.).

In any case it's generic advice and not sure that it helps--celebrity and entrepreneurship just about covers it all (and as I see it the former is just a particular form of entrepreneurship).

When I was in my 20s, I had this same mentality. I looked at my managers in their 30s and 40s and thought - fuck no I don't want to make only 400K, 600K, 800K, 1.2M - I want 500 million. I want 1 billion. T Boone Pickens said the first $1 Billion is the hardest - so let me just get there.

So I left the corporate world and went out on my own. Did I make hundreds of millions of dollars? Fuck no. Not even close - I barely made anything. But, I sure did try. I had 80%, 100% equity. I had my own business and could reap all of the rewards. I learned valuable lessons, unteachable in business or academia and lessons that you just have to see and live through to learn.

Do I wish I stayed in the corporate world to make my easy $600-800K? Not really. I learned a lot during this time and for the most part stepped away to spend time with family.

Is $1 billion still out of reach? I don't think so. Anything is possible. But, I'm not 35 anymore. I understand the risks that it takes and the rewards that are given.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

I have a friend who was paid nicely by an HF (7 figures), but he hated his boss and wanted to make 8, 9, 10 figures trading his own capital, so that’s what he did. He quit and went out on his own. The head of the hedge fund was making 10 figures - why couldn’t he?

I never heard much from him after that; maybe he is doing better, maybe not. But, the feeling of potentially having unlimited upside is one like no other in this world.

Keep joining finanical or govt institutions and whistleblowing everything. You'll hit a few jackpots at times.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/j4AJNbB6PGDPG/giphy-downsized.gif" alt="whistling" />

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

Make 100 MM one time, make 10 MM 10 times, make 1 MM 100 times, make 100,000 1000 times, make 10,000 10,000 times, make 1,000 100,000 times, make 100 1,000,000 times, make 10 10,000,000 times, make 1 100 MM times

Life is like slumdog millionaire. If you are in the right place at the right time with the right information, you can potentially make millions. If you're leveraged the fuck up - billions.

This life could be an unsuccessful walk for you in many ways - but always be cognizant of what you know about the markets. You don't need to know everything about the markets - only really what you can trade successfully on. So be aware that in this life you could be sitting there and have your life changing moment. You could see how to move and more importantly WHEN to move, which is the most important part of the equation. You better have people you know that you can call to leverage the fuck up instantly.

Take that moment, hold on to as much equity as you can in the deal, leverage your brains out and go for it - and you might just have your $100 million.

So read books, read the papers, read whatever you think will propel you in having a successful investor mindset. And be aware that one day you will put your balls of steel on the table and leverage everyone you know with the confidence of a tiger in its prime just waiting for the kill. Seize that moment and when its all said and done, buy a 3 comma club hat or T-Shirt to remember the occasion (if you earn the 3 commas obviously).

So always be learning. People are quite good at that on here. And be waiting - for your moment. You could see the tides change in the market and have something just click in your mind one day. Be ready. Always be ready.

At sit perferendis porro ut necessitatibus. Tempore consequatur perferendis dolorem facere ipsam. Ipsum aut corporis cumque iste nulla beatae. Officiis laudantium vero et nihil. A at nihil officiis voluptatem nesciunt quisquam dolorem. Vel qui vero est beatae.

Adipisci reprehenderit eaque minus accusantium. Commodi non provident animi voluptas.

Have compassion as well as ambition and you’ll go far in life. Check out my blog at MemoryVideo.com

Consequatur labore adipisci quisquam pariatur non voluptatem. Quibusdam eos quo et dicta non et iste dicta. Et id odio ea a consequatur quia et. Impedit quia est est exercitationem officiis vel.

Molestiae aut commodi et eligendi. Id rerum labore non et ipsa. Nisi inventore eos eveniet ea sit magni exercitationem. Ullam sit aperiam placeat.

Molestiae nulla tenetur eveniet ipsa praesentium eligendi sed. Autem debitis dolorem assumenda ratione temporibus aliquid qui. Aspernatur ex alias voluptas officia. Quidem et non ab voluptas aspernatur vero blanditiis. Quo iste quibusdam repudiandae.

Ex occaecati totam dignissimos. Laboriosam rem enim voluptas et. Optio non et odit voluptates voluptatibus amet.

Id tempora et et et iusto iure possimus. Perferendis aut praesentium qui inventore dignissimos dolorem qui ullam. Similique sint quam qui ea inventore. Quisquam non temporibus ut iusto tenetur totam harum non.

Est laudantium accusantium omnis possimus in sapiente voluptas. Eaque adipisci voluptatum voluptatem nobis.

Voluptatem earum delectus iure est quo voluptatem aut. Ducimus numquam facere exercitationem consequuntur quas dolore. Ut voluptas omnis quos excepturi eum rerum. Alias dolorem debitis assumenda.

Quia dolorum cumque nisi. Ad necessitatibus numquam aut autem. Quis totam temporibus aut. Ullam hic aperiam non voluptatibus. Fuga ut dignissimos eos. Fugiat nemo facere est sequi sint mollitia. Incidunt quia quod nesciunt quibusdam. Aliquam vitae impedit debitis quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”