LBS round 2 applications are due on January 3, 2019!
Still working on your LBS application? Unsure if your essays are strong enough?
Read below for Personal MBA Coach's tips on tackling this year's
questions. If you need additional help, Personal MBA Coach will be working overtime during
the holidays and has opened a limited number of comprehensive and gut check slots for
round 2 applicants.
Essay 1: What are your post-MBA goals and how will your prior experience and the London Business School programme contribute towards these? (500-word limit)
The first essay is a straightforward career goals essay. Candidates will be best served thinking about it in three distinct parts, all of similar weight.
- Explain your goals: If you need help thinking through your goals, we have published a blog with our general tips. Be sure to include both your short-term and long-term goals.
- Succinctly discuss your career to date: Give the reader the context as to why you are suited for this career, including the skills you have developed. With under 200 words to do so, you must be brief and focus on the transferable skills. There is no need to recount your resume here.
- Why LBS: In this final "section" write about the skills you hope to develop during your MBA and why LBS is uniquely suited to help you develop these skills. As always, be specific in terms of what you hope to take advantage of on campus and why LBS is a good fit. Do your research and avoid vague statements and generalities. No copy and pasting here, sorry!
Essay 2 (optional): Is there any other information you believe the Admissions Committee should know about you and your application to London Business School? (500-word limit)
While I normally do not advise most candidates to complete optional essays, for LBS you should consider answering essay 2. This is the chance to tell LBS a bit more about you, who you are and what makes you unique. Everyone will have a different approach to this optional question and there is no one right topic. Instead, think about your best selling point(s) and cover them here.
If you would like individual and personal support while applying to LBS, please find information about Personal MBA Coach's comprehensive packages or contact me to discuss your profile as well as how I can help! As a Wharton graduate, I regularly help many applicants navigate LBS's application each year, including conducting group mock interviews with former M7 interviewers.
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount