Hello fellow monkeys - I'm contemplating an opp at PIMCO and would like to get as much feedback as possible on a few questions/topics:
- What is the feeling among employees there in regards to the culture and if it's changed since Gross left. From what I hear it is changing for the better (paranoid fear factor is gone), but given the fact that there are still a lot of old school BSD's there how much can the culture truly change?
- How is it living in Newport Beach vs the East Coast? I hear there are positives and negatives on both sides, but generally speaking it's a draw more than anything.
- Is PIMCO well positioned given the fact we're in the late stages of the economic cycle and in a low rate/potentially hawkish environment?
- Any additional insight into Manny Roman and the changes he could potentially be making to the firm long term? I doubt they'll ever become a BlackRock, but I do know they're trying to become a more diversified alternative inv shop.
- Is the prestige still there? I don't see why not but just curious if others thought differently and why.
- Last but not least - How is the comp in comparison to other buy side shops?