This is my first post and as you can tell, I am a prospective monkey. I'm currently studying for my bachelors of Business Administration, majoring in Finance at Pace University. I aspire of working at a Hedge Fund as a Portfolio Manager one day and I would gladly appreciate if any professional on this forum could give me a hand with my homework.
For this assignment, I need to ask some personal questions to professionals who have worked or are currently working in the job industry that i'm interested in (Hedge Fund). So Far, I've only got the answers from an old friend who works as a Financial Analyst at Blue Crest Capital Management in NYC. However, I need a couple more from any professional. I'm sure all of you are very busy, so I hope answering these fairly easy questions will not take much of your time. The questions are as follow:
As a Portfolio Manager, Financial Analyst or Professional trader:
- How is your everyday work-life schedule?
1.1 How has your professional career affected your social and family life?
2.Throughout these years, how has your investment performance been through a complete business cycle?
- What is your investment style and philosophy?
3.1 Does your personality influence your investment decisions-making process?
- If you only had a $1,000, what would be the smartest way to invest this money?
4.1 Is this approach something that you would recommend a beginner investor to follow?
- What book would you recommend to a finance student that would get him/her more devoted into the world of investing?
5.1 What financial news would you recommend a rookie investor to read on a daily basis?
Thank you for your time and attention,
Elio P. Bonifaz
Hedge Fund Interview Course
- 814 questions across 165 hedge funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- 11 Detailed Sample Pitches and 10+ hours of video.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring hedge fund professionals just like you.