how far in advance do u have to look for housing usually 

It’s not getting back to ‘normal’ anytime soon. In NYC at peak you used to have to go look with the broker and be ready to write the check same day basically. There is a TON of supply, you do not need to rush. There is not going to be some miraculous rebound in prices in NYC anytime soon. My old building was something like $4500 for a 1br, before I moved out they offered me one for a little over $2k. 

Looking at where we are with vaccine manufacturing capacity right now and risk group priorities that US will take in vaccinating individuals, I think there's a less than 33% chance individuals in your health and age bracket will have access to a COVID vaccine by the time SA 2021 rolls around. Late '21 to early '22 will be a more likely timeframe for young adults to get vaccinated and a general return to a more "normal" work environment.

Having said that, will there be SOME in-office component of SA '21 by then? Perhaps. But I'd be surprised if 100% of it was in-person due to not being close to herd mentality and still needing some precautions then. But I've seen a lost stupider policy decisions made over the course of this last year so who knows.

Also, you may be moving to FL or TX for your internship by then rather than NYC...

Agreed, I think the ~30% chance is a reasonable estimate. I think some of the people here who are newer to banking do not understand how slow these places move with any task at all. This is going to be a monumental undertaking for them with god knows how many people and divisions involved. 

I can’t see things being in person this summer.

I can potentially see a hybrid model where we might start later (i.e July) or alternate a few days virtual & few days in person. Based on Dr. Fauci’s recent comments we could, best case, have the vaccine widely available to the public by April.

The only big issue is, how quickly after April do you vaccinate those remaining 100 million adults aged 20-49 that aren’t essential/high risk. If that takes several months going into fall, it might be tough to do an in-person SA.

Most Helpful

Labore sint porro quibusdam. Voluptas qui eius labore nesciunt ipsam voluptas.

Illum quibusdam ut voluptates. Vero alias eos alias vel placeat officiis ad. Officiis nemo omnis quis voluptate optio eos tempora.

Enim enim aliquam autem nam culpa hic iure. At ut aliquid quam aliquam.

Facilis eos et placeat sit. Sunt quibusdam odit ipsum minima. Illum nulla totam et voluptatem. Molestiae modi quia officiis et deserunt fugit et qui. Deserunt enim sit illum officiis autem debitis rerum.

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”