Summer 2020 Recruiting Has Started.. (See Attached)

I applied to a certain bank for SA19 in June. It's now only two months later, and I've just applied to their SA 2020.

Am I reading this wrong or am I misunderstanding the app? This is pretty retarded - I applied just in case.

Investment Banking Interview Course

• 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
  • Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.

Comments (50)

Aug 16, 2018

RBC?

Aug 16, 2018

RBC has postings about 2020 SA up, BlackRock is also already posting about their 2020 SA too

Aug 16, 2018

At this rate soon fetuses are gonna update their LinkedIn titles to "Incoming Investment Banking Summer Analyst"

Funniest
Aug 16, 2018

Maternity Wards are gonna have OCR, so you better get born into a target hospital (think St. Jude's)

Oct 30, 2018

"Target Hospital" ...someone give this mana drink LMAOOOOOO

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Aug 16, 2018

heard next month 2021 SA apps are opening up

Aug 20, 2018

Just absolutely crazy!

Aug 16, 2018

does this mean RBC is done for 2019?

Aug 16, 2018

you mean done for 2019SA?

Aug 16, 2018

yeah sorry edited. do you have any info?

Aug 16, 2018

nah but let me know if u hear anything

Aug 16, 2018

Spoke to MD weeks ago, 2019 SA finished in May

Aug 16, 2018

That's just false - there were superdays in July lol

Aug 19, 2018

From what I understand, process is still ongoing, at least for target schools

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Aug 16, 2018

This is crazy. Is it worth waiting to apply to get networking in/OCR events?

Aug 16, 2018

Can anyone lend any insight into if us class of 2021 folks should go ahead and apply now or wait a bit?? I've applied to sophomore 2020 programs (with no luck yet) but feel my app/resume is ready.

Aug 16, 2018

I can't see general SA 2020 recruiting starting this early, kids have barely finished their freshman summer internships (if they had one at all) and most won't be securing sophomore positions until later in the fall/spring. How is this going to work?

To infinity... and beyond!

Aug 16, 2018

A friend of mine has the phone number of an MD at the bank I posted. He confirmed..

Says demand is so high they started 2020 summer process

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Aug 17, 2018

Yes the demand is so high but I don't see the point of recruiting so early. It will filter very few candidates out.

Aug 16, 2018

delete

Aug 16, 2018

if sophomores start getting junior internship offers before their sophomore internship offer, will they even bother do a sophomore internship anymore going forward?

Aug 16, 2018

this ^^

Aug 18, 2018

This is very interesting its like the process is moving backward in a sense for individual development

Aug 16, 2018

This is insane...

Aug 18, 2018

what

Aug 18, 2018

Just bc there's one app online for summer 2020 doesn't mean the whole process has already started.. although it could cause other firms to follow suit

Aug 18, 2018

This is insane....

Most Helpful
Aug 18, 2018

It is ridiculous. In most cases, the kid won't have even taken a finance class yet. Virtually all the schools that have a b school admission process (with b schools tarting junior yr - which is many of the really good ones - not all, but many) the kids are simply knocking our core requirements. A lot of finance clubs open up to sophomores so essentially the process is asking a rising sophomore (no accounting, no finance, no business classes, no finance club, virtually no chance to network as they've just gotten used to college, to try to secure an internship for two summers ahead without having any insight into the industry. Complete joke.

Interesting that consulting hasn't followed this lead. Very difficult to get an internship period let alone prior to rising senior yr.

Aug 18, 2018

I was also wondering if other industries within finance are going to do the same. If so then it just seems near impossible to get in without a strong pedigree/internship which is hard enough to get as a Freshman.

Aug 18, 2018

At this point, can you even say this is because of tech prospects? I do not for a second believe that this accelerated process is about competing for the "best" talent. This seems to be more about advancing target recruiting which screws non targets hard.

Aug 18, 2018

What are you supposed to do if you're a transfer student? lol.

Aug 18, 2018

transferring after sophomore year is now completely meaningless. only hope is to transfer after your freshman year

Aug 18, 2018

Yep. Oh well.

Sep 1, 2018
Tony Montana:

What are you supposed to do if you're a transfer student? lol.

Tack on a minor in comp sci (python & C++ custom minor if they let you), and stay another year.

Some things to consider. If you're going to NYU or something with no chance at paying less than 70k, probably wouldn't do this.

just a monkey trying to find his way in the finance jungle

Sep 1, 2018

All the schools I'm applying to transfer to are out of state so money is already an issue then and there. Will just see what kind of financial aid I get at the time.

Oct 30, 2018

Hi @Tony Montana I'm a transfer student as well. I can help you out as I secured my offers for this fall already. Have you already transferred?

Aug 18, 2018

Has anyone actually applied to the RBC 2020 programs yet? I feel I'm ready. I just want to make sure it's not too early if I'm expecting OCR later on in the year or that this isn't a mistake or something and I won't be able to reapply when they actually start reviewing applications lol

Aug 20, 2018
Aug 26, 2018

This is absolutely absurd. Every year I think the process can't possibly begin any earlier and I am always proven wrong.

This seems like a way to build an applicant pool that desperately want to be "bankers" regardless of them not understanding what the work even entails. I don't agree with it, but maybe that's the best predictor of an analyst who's willing to fix pitchbook's and ref errors 100 hours a week for a couple years.

Aug 31, 2018

First off, I completely agree with everyone that this is absolutely ridiculous, but does anyone know if we should just apply even if we have not secured a sophomore internship?

Aug 31, 2018

I'd assume most wouldn't have a sophomore gig even with last year's timeline when they were recruiting

Oct 15, 2018

WF, BAML, and CS are coming to my target to talk about SA 2020

Oct 26, 2018

guggy started coffee chats. target

Oct 29, 2018

Except for RBC are there any other banks who have started to recruiting for 2020 SA?

Array

Oct 29, 2018

Yes.

Oct 30, 2018

which all banks are these? Can you please mention a few?
I tried searching online but could not find anything except for RBC

Array

Nov 1, 2018

*Bump

Array

Dec 19, 2018

Array

Jan 24, 2019
Nov 2, 2018