Not sure if this is old news, but I got a good laugh out of the article. A couple noteworthy ones:
16. Not caring because you only live once -- that is for fools: "We all are guilty of irrational decision-making in our 20s. Fast people and fast times with money in your pocket always lead to over-extending yourself. A life of partying, heavy drugs and pretty much having that YOLO attitude will leave you flat on your ass. Get focused and lock into what you're supposed to be doing. If you don't know what that is, then you better figure it out ASAP."
12. Getting comfortable like you actually deserve down time: "Unless you're fornicating with Victoria's Secret models in Monaco this weekend, you shouldn't even be thinking about taking a break any time soon. You need a vacation? What have you accomplished? Mark Cuban spent 7 years building out his first business before he even took a break. Don't get lazy now."
And my personal fav:
6. Spending your money on women who aren't escorts: "Your sex life is an investment -- and the smarter the deals you execute, the savvier of an investor you become. Free sex is the most expensive sex in the world. Instead of navigating through an ambiguous investment in which you shower your woman with cash and prizes for the mediocre sex provided, deal with a professional as soon as possible. Although some of you may immediately jump to the negative connotations of a woman who is paid for sex, we suggest you take one step back. As an entrepreneur herself, why would you not want to deal with someone who has the same honesty and integrity that you do. Want a best friend? Buy a puppy. Want great sex? Call an escort."
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.