Top 20 Banks To Work For - "Employee Satisfaction" - 2018 Edition

Saw this just posted on Poets & Quants (sourced from WSO) and wanted to S/O Patrick & WSO for being the ones taking the reigns and providing this insight that nobody else has offered! It's awesome to see this site earning even more recognition and autonomy in the space. Let's see what you guys think..

2018 Investment Bank Satisfaction Ratings

1. Wells Fargo & Co. | 98.9%
  2. Goldman Sachs | 97.8%
  3. Lazard | 96.7%
  4. Evercore | 95.6%
  5. Bank of America Merrill Lynch | 94.5%
  6. Jefferies & Co. | 93.4%
  7. JPMorgan Chase | 92.3%
  8. Credit Suisse | 91.2%
  9. Morgan Stanley | 90.1%
  10. Houlihan Lokey | 89.0%
  11. Citigroup | 87.9%
  12. Barclays Capital | 86.8%
  13. Deutsche Bank | 85.7%
  14. Suntrust Robinson Humphrey | 84.6%
  15. PJT Partners | 83.5%
  16. PNC Financial Services | 82.4%
  17. BMO Capital Markets | 81.3%
  18. RBC Capital Markets | 80.2%
  19. Macquarie Group | 79.1%
  20. William Blair | 78.0%

I was thrown off seeing WF at the top and finding UBS sitting right below 75% satisfaction.. the list goes on and i've linked it below; it's also all available on the WSO database. What surprised you the most? What is most important to you guys that are in FO roles: Pay? Work-life balance? Deal flow? Prestige?

Source: Poets & Quants
WSO Company Database
WSO IB report

Investment Banking Interview Course

• 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
  • Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
  • Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.

Comments (19)

Feb 16, 2018

Lol at WF being mentioned as a top bank (in any capacity).

Feb 16, 2018

WF didn't make it on this one..

One category where Wells Fargo does not dominate: "proudest employees." In fact, it's nowhere to be seen among the top 10 companies with the highest percentiles in this category - ...

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Feb 16, 2018

Love it! I have heard so many horror stories about their employees getting screwed it is absurd. Shocked they topped the initial list you posted

Feb 16, 2018

Likewise! I'm curious as to what factors lie behind WF bankers being so satisfied.

"It is not our circumstance that controls us, but our thoughts that control our circumstance." -James Allen

Feb 19, 2018

Could have a lot to do with making NYC money with Charlotte cost of living.

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Feb 19, 2018

well it was the largest bank by market cap for a while before it got hit by Liz Warren, close second now....

-

Best Response
Feb 16, 2018

WF must've had their employees create dummy accounts for the database and gave themselves 100%

Feb 16, 2018

Lazard #3??

What concert costs 45 cents? 50 Cent feat. Nickelback.

Feb 16, 2018

I can believe the UBS at 75%. I don't believe: WF, Laz, or HL.

Feb 16, 2018

There is no possible way 70% of bankers are satisfied at any bank, anywhere.

Feb 16, 2018

I think it depends on how you define a "banker". I wish I knew how the survey was run in order to determine if there were controls to ONLY have input from IB employees. If you had a mix of employees then some of these rankings make sense, but others do not. I work for a BB, not on the IB side, and consider myself a finance professional. Does that make me a "banker", could I have filled out this survey even though I'm not IB?

Feb 16, 2018

Good point, there is no methodology, so no way to know...

Also, LOL @Anonymous MonkeyMoelis & Company, based in Silicon Valley" Poets and Quants is not a real source

Feb 16, 2018

There is a delta of 1.1% for every bank, consistently throughout the list. Looks like its an indexed measure rather than the real numbers. Not sure what the added-value of the percentages is in that case though...

Feb 17, 2018

nice attention to detail sbd

What concert costs 45 cents? 50 Cent feat. Nickelback.

Feb 19, 2018

comments like this make me question my intelligence

Feb 17, 2018

Every retail banker, corporate banker, bank teller, and financial analyst at a bank will consider themselves a "banker". Thus, results may be very skewed.

Do you really believe 97% of the IB guys at Lazard are satisfied with their job and life? Give me a break. I'd be shocked if anyone here can find 6 people at Lazard who like their job.

Feb 17, 2018

It seems now more than ever when I meet with bankers for business they are like drones going through the motions in life with no emotion,, especially MDs. It's depressing to even meet with them

Feb 19, 2018

Im sure the DB people are really satisfied right now

Feb 19, 2018