Was curious to hear people's experiences with transitioning from quant at a top prop shop (ie Jane Street, Citadel Securities, SIG or DRW) to hedge funds. My intuition is that big HFs don't market make at all thus there shouldn't be too much correlation between your work at one or the other, so hedge funds might not be that interested in hunting from top shops. How common is the move in industry?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- If you have followed my other postings then you already know that I am a VP at BB in a back office role. While I am not in HR, I do some OCR events and other on-boarding activities (interviews, resume screening, superdays, etc) for both my team and other teams within my org's back office...+41 by GoingToBeAnMD in IB
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+19 by Disjoint in JOB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+13 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- More specifically if possible, which neighborhood and asset type? Value add, development or stabilized play?
Wonder what everyone’s investment thesis is regarding the environment we are in today.
You are the President of your own shop and get to call the shots. What city are you buying in?+10 by yayaa in RE
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+10 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- The US national debt is at 22.1 Trillion and under every president since Reagan the deficit has gotten worse. Both Bush and Trump have increased the deficit when they were supposed to decrease it. Earlier this week I saw the media shit on Trump because he didn't believe the government...+9 by Shrek2OnDVD in OFF
- Wanted to start a thread compiling a list of finance vocabulary, formal or informal. Words can be as "basic" as *EBITDA* or as "fancy" as *capital extraction*. The more pretentious the better. After all, capital expenditures aka capex essentially means to fix shit up or to...+9 by Armhoo1 in PE
- How about we include biopics as well.
Watching the theranos documentary right now and it's awesome (guy with the messed up eye seems kinda baller). What are some other business documentaries to check out?+7 by famejranc in OFF
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+7 by NovemberRain in JOB
- Can anyone provide some information on the "day in the life" of a High Yield CLO Analyst, particularly for a more junior investment professional (2-5 years exp). Looking to learn more about the underwriting process, detail on credit memos (i.e., how detailed they are), hours and comp....+7 by ebit_dab in HF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr09Podcast: Niki Pezeshki -- 4/912:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Apr10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 4/10-4/128:00 to 5:00 EDT New York City, NY