I just don't like Machida, he seems like a smug ass, even moreso than Jones. I just don't want to see him win. I've got Bones just because I don't like Machida, no real reason. Mir should win pretty easy Lil' Nog should have a boring decision win. Ebersole probably wins Korean Zombie by twister sub :)

Jones by TKO. Jones' only competition would be Anderson Silva if he decides to move back up to light heavyweight; not a single one of Jone's fights have been moderately close. Machida fought Rampage to a decision and was KTFO by Shogun. Jones destroyed both Shogun and Rampage. No way it goes past the 2nd round. Jones should move up to heavyweight since there just isn't any competition for him.

I am not cocky, I am confident, and when you tell me I am the best it is a compliment. -Styles P

Agreed. Machida doesn't deserve this fight but happened to get it because Evans is hurt. And its not like Evans would be a challenge for Jones either.

Silva vs Jones would be the biggest in UFC history. Silva has no interest in moving up though so we may never see it.

Ashpy:
Agreed. Machida doesn't deserve this fight but happened to get it because Evans is hurt. And its not like Evans would be a challenge for Jones either.

Silva vs Jones would be the biggest in UFC history. Silva has no interest in moving up though so we may never see it.

Silva is destined to take on Georges St-Pierre since he could easily lose another 15 to fight at 170. Mind you, I think GSP would be dumb to take the fight. I would like to SIlva fight Sonnen again. After this fight, Jones will have no one left at 205 besides SIlva. Moving up and ACTUALLY competing would be great for Jones. He is 6' 4" and doesn't look like he lifts weights at all. He could easily get as big as Overeem. Jones vs Dos Santos or Jones vs Carwin would be awesome.

I am not cocky, I am confident, and when you tell me I am the best it is a compliment. -Styles P

Best Response

Silva fighting St. Pierre would be a silly fight - ask anyone who actually fights. GSP is not a big welterweight (in terms of frame/reach) and Silve is a pretty big middleweight. Because of his skinny build, he could drop the weight and fight GSP, but there is no way that fight's competitive.

It makes more sense from a competitive standpoint for Silva to move up but he would give up much more of an advantage than most people realize. So much of his game is predicated around being fast/flexible AND big/long that adding weight just is not much of an advantage for him. For Silva's legacy, he could lose 15 and own the welterweight division, but I don't see that meaning much in any historical context. Based on his fight with Forrest Griffin and his overall style, I doubt he gets the belt (or is even a serious contender) at 205. A balanced fighter with real wrestling skills like Bones should be able to bully him.

Before Silva fights GSP, he needs to beat Sonnen. He escaped last time, but I think Sonnen will tko him the next time they fight.

You are right about Silva fighting GSP, but Dana White would be insane not to push that fight.

Silva would only give up 2 inches to Jones and for the record, Jones' wrestling is good, but not great. I think Jones would win.

Machida is the most complete fighter Jones will have fought. He's got great footwork, timing, quickness, punches, kicks, great clinch work, solid takedowns, and decent jiu jitsu. Normally I'd say he also has better cardio than Jones, but Machida has supposedly put on a lot of muscle to fight Jones. Rampage was the first fighter to not be completely steamrolled by Jones, and Machida beat him. Nobody's really landed a good shot on Jones, but Machida is probably one of the favorites to do it.

Machida is a really tricky fighter.

ThaVanBurenBoyz:
1) Frank Mir...you almost made me puke. Snap. Disgusting. 2) Bones Jones is a Cody McKenzie fan, Rogan had that right. He has to move up weight classes, this isn't fair. All he has to do is workout his lower body.

Agree.. Mir's opponent is an idiot how do you let that dude snap your arm.

The answer to your question is 1) network 2) get involved 3) beef up your resume 4) repeat -happypantsmcgee WSO is not your personal search function.

Iusto eos laudantium deserunt quia beatae iusto dicta. Facilis est explicabo pariatur. Ad dolor autem minus alias tempora. Sequi quia et commodi ea nemo modi.

Est dolor velit maiores quis dolorum. Iste earum sit in consequatur dolores. Rem illo molestiae accusamus vel mollitia placeat sit. Voluptatem error ut qui odio eius voluptatum labore quis. Minus consequatur ut sint esse. Ad at nobis ea vel est sit tempore.

Est quam cum placeat ad et voluptatibus autem. Quis necessitatibus qui aperiam et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”