This is really getting good. My favorite line: "He hosts a variety show."

Kramer's quotes about Bear Stears are ridiculous. I don't knnow why he's taken seriously. STill, If they were to have a debate about anything, he would dominate.

Not that Cramer is the most savvy investor ever to walk the Earth, but I dare someone who actively invested in this market to say that they didn't have a big oops. I know I did. Aside from that, I've seen Stewart's montage on how CNBC got it all wrong and it was completely lame - cherry picked statements from here and there that didn't amount to anything. Maybe people should start watching more Comedy Central to save their investments. I'm sure the Roast of Larry the cable guy will have some really hot stock picks.

Best Response

I dont think you guys are giving enough credence to Cramer's intelligence...the guy went to Harvard Law School, paid for law school by trading his PA, was a journalist, lived in a car and then ran a successful hedge fund and has created a successful brand identity

His on-air personality is just that...and its easy for you guys to disparage his stock-picking ability from where you sit...try running a show and disclosing all of your opinions on the spot...it cant be easy and plenty of other really smart guys on WS have gotten it wrong (i.e. pretty much everyone but J. Paulson and a few others).

junkbondswap:
I dont think you guys are giving enough credence to Cramer's intelligence...

Cramer probably isn't an idiot (thought not because of Harvard Law - I know a girl who is a student there now who repeatedly used to call a U-turn "doing a 360"). The problem is he is expected to take strong stances on unpredictable events on national television for an audience comprised mostly of ... idiots. Cramer (and much of the rest of the financial press) are entertainers dressed up as analysts. What's sad is how many sheep follow their advice.

Here are my 2 cents. I love Jon Stewart's show. I never watch Cramer's show.

Everyone makes a mistake, especially in stock market. I personally know a senior VP of Wealth Management at BB. The guy won all kind of performance awards, was in top 100 out of 8,000 advisors for a few years in a row. He's told me it's all about making right decisions in a long-run.

I mean look at all-mighty Warren Buffet. He invested into GS and GE in the fall of 2008. GS is still holding up, but GE went to shit. I've yet to read an article about that mistake.

As far as predicting who is going to win, that's a no-brainer. Of course Stewart will.

P.S.: I do not like that fact that Stewart does not attack current administration.

Neque est voluptas omnis. Et cupiditate magnam repudiandae quam inventore quo omnis esse. Quis nihil labore aut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”