First off, let me apologize for the vague forum topic. I had a couple of questions that I don't feel need to be addressed in separate topics. That being said, my questions are:
- Do most firms utilize CapitalIQ? If so, to what end goal? Are they pulling , charting firms against indices, obtaining multiples, viewing financial statements etc? Please don't answer this with all of the above. If there are other reasons Capital IQ is used, please include them.
- What other websites, software are used extremely often by BB? , PowerPoint, Word, Bloomberg but outside of these, where do Analysts spend a significant amount of time researching etc.?
- Everyone has heard the quote, "the clothes make the man". To what extent is this true? Obviously not looking like you purchased your suit at the Salvation Army is a plus, but is there really a difference between a Men's Wearhouse Suit, and a suit from a department store or other retailer? How does this affect one's interview?
- How do you pronounce the name Aswath Damodaran?
- If you were an MD or VP, would you prefer to be e-mailed or called by an applicant applying to a Summer Analyst position? If called, what time of the day would usually be the most convenient?
Thanks in advance for your responses.